Mini Me chickens with top secret coating

Started by ronbeaux, December 18, 2009, 01:18:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

classicrockgriller

I know one thing, that damn bird looks like it got deep fried. That is kewl.

Thanks for letting us in on your experiment.

squirtthecat

Yes, very very cool...   I'd love to try this on Turkey. (of course)

ronbeaux

Holy Crap! A turkey! Perfect! I am curing another turkey for Christmas. The last one was so moist from curing it and smoking it at 180 that I just have to try coating it and popping it in the oven to make a fried turkey texture to the skin.

Same plan as before, but when the turkey gets to about 10 or 15 degrees from being done, pop in in the oven at 400 until the internal gets to 170.

That's why I posted it here on the development page. This stuff has many possibilities! With the egg in it as a main ingredient, kind of like an egg wash on bread, you will have to get it to 350 to 375 for it to firm up. I found no adverse effects with mixing it with my seasoning of choice. I would however, be careful with the salt. Some cayenne would really kick it up a notch or two as well.

Have fun with it guys and report back any recent experiments!!
The fight isn't over until the winner says it is.

Tenpoint5

Ron, Does Marv sell it or did he just share?
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

ronbeaux

He sells it but it is not listed on the web site. $3.95 per lb. I bought 2lb

squirtthecat

It looks like they have a low sodium version that might play well with our high-salt-content rubs..

ronbeaux

I was thinking that as well. The Greek seasoning is moderate on salt and combined with the Mais breading it wasn't too salty. I'm thinking a brown or turbo sugar based rub would go perfect with the regular Mais and still be low salt.

Still need to see what a finishing glaze does to the skin. Maybe tomorrow if I don't get too tore up watching dem Saints whip dem Cowboys!!

"Who Dat, Who Dat think they gonna beat dem Saints, Who dat, Who Dat!!"

seemore

Ronbeaux, those are a couple nice looking chickens there!
seemore