• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Hey Sausage Makers

Started by NePaSmoKer, December 19, 2009, 08:30:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NePaSmoKer

Any of you ever seen, heard of or used Trehalose?

I got 12oz just wondering if it will be good in sticks.

nepas

pensrock

never heard of it, did you look it up on the internet?

Roadking

I've heard of it. It's used to help in the fight of huntingtons dease and another which I can't remember off of the top my head. I do know that if added to products for smoking if helps with sweetness but the down side is, it could prevent cures (1 & 2) from working properly.

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Roadking on December 19, 2009, 08:53:51 AM
I've heard of it. It's used to help in the fight of huntingtons dease and another which I can't remember off of the top my head. I do know that if added to products for smoking if helps with sweetness but the down side is, it could prevent cures (1 & 2) from working properly.

Ahhh ok

Maybe for more of a fresh sausage then.

Roadking

Think it's also used as a preservative to help protect items that are transported in high tempertures.

Personally I don't care for anything not natural in my food. Thats why I make my own.

JC

There is an educational website about the sugar trehalose used in sausage and other foods.  It is very informative.  Hope this is helpful.  See www.endowmentmed.org or www.DiabeticHope.com

classicrockgriller

Quote from: JC on December 21, 2009, 10:39:34 AM
There is an educational website about the sugar trehalose used in sausage and other foods.  It is very informative.  Hope this is helpful.  See www.endowmentmed.org or www.DiabeticHope.com

Hiya JC and welcome to the forum.