What to do with a moose rump steak?

Started by Quarlow, December 22, 2009, 12:41:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quarlow

Someone gave me this moose rump steak. Ok so I was thinking about 1 hr of smoke(maybe mesquite) and then finish on the BBQ, but then I have never had one of these before so I had to refer to the experts. Do we have any here? winkwink! I am open to suggestions. Maybe it could use some marinade or not. Want do you guys say?
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

classicrockgriller

Ole Moose Rump !

Think I'll refrain from any more comments. Although it's hard to. ;D

How big is that beast?

Quarlow

Yeah I know its hard to resist that one isn't it. ;D ;D This thing is 1" thick by 7"x 12".
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ

classicrockgriller

Quarlow

So I'll just cook it in the Bradley, 1 hr smoke,cook till near done and then brown it on the grill.

OBS
BBQ

classicrockgriller

Quarlow

You better find a real fast plane then. ;D

OBS
BBQ

classicrockgriller

Quarlow

No I was just trying to get you excited. Tonite It is marinated eye of round steaks. I took out a whole eye of round roast and cut some steaks off and they rest went to make some jerky. NePaS sent me a bottle of CT so half of it got that and the other half got some sweet teriyaki marinade. I will smoke it tomorrow if I don't work or tomorrow night if I do. Hope the CT jerky works, It would be ashame to waste the precious stuff. I tryed it on some drumsticks last night and I like it alot. Not to spicy just good flavour. I might cook the rump steak on boxing day for something to do. I got to get out and get the cure stuff to make my ham yet but pennies are super tight so it will have to wait.

OBS
BBQ

classicrockgriller

Quarlow

No not yet. Hopefully soon. I sent _Bear_ one of the BE's it was supposed to take 5 days. I shipped it on the tuesday and he had it by 10:30 thursday. They would have charged me $64 for 2 day shipping and for 5 day it cost $24. Figure that one out.

OBS
BBQ

classicrockgriller

Those are still selling for $138 in the states. That was a heck of a deal.

Quarlow

OBS
BBQ

_Bear_

Bradly Digital 6 rack smoker
Bradley Propane Smoker
The Big Easy
Broil King gas BBQ
"Cant hurt it, it's already dead"

Quarlow

Hey Bear, you get that thing put together yet?

OBS
BBQ