Jalapeno Wars; Goodbye Trappy's - I'm Cold Pickling My Own

Started by Pachanga, December 30, 2009, 11:10:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seemore

Caneyscud

Catching up on old posts I missed. 

Pac - man those jalapenos look like they should be on my counter! (pun intended ;D) I particulaly like the San Marcos brand, by the gallon, but any brand does for me.  I'm trying to remember whether I like them canned or pickled crisply.  I guess, I don't really have a favorite - I like them all!  Makes no difference to Jalapeno Mornings.  Had the same thing happen to me with my wife - what little she did cook, I usually put hot sauce or jalapenos on it.  Till she complained too much - then I backed off.  Tennessee cooks make some of the most bland food you can imagine!  But now that she doesn't cook much, if at all - no problem.  Jalapenos come out!  Katy bar the door! 

One of my fly fishing buddies brought me some sweet, almost candied jalapenos last year.  Had no idea what to do with them - I mean sweet jalapenos!  Slipped a couple into a fatty - pretty good!  Have a standing order for another jar - should his wife make more.  BTW, she makes some killer pickled beets - and I'm not much of a fan of beets! 
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"