I Freed My Meat

Started by BigSmoker, March 22, 2005, 07:32:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigSmoker

I rec'd my tumbler yesterday and tried it out with a tri-tip.  Easy to use and I am impressed overall.  The overall quality also seems to be very good.  I put a tri-tip in the canister and added 1/2 cup Q sauce, 1/2 cup water, 1/4 cup bourbon and 2 tablespoons of Dizzy Pig Cow Lick rub.  Did the vacuum thing then placed it on the tumbler portion for 20 minutes then gave it 10 more for the hell of it.  I didn't get to use the Bradley cause it was getting late[:(] but the tri-tip turned out very tender and juicy with a great marinade flavor.  The Reveo does work.  Combined with some baked beans I had made with some cold smoked onions, garlic and jalapenos and some grilled grits(recipe is in the BBQ USA recipe book)with some of the onions, garlic and proscuitto.  Almost forgot.  I also rec'd my ABT holder from Cabelas.  Seem to be pretty nice.  Nothing fancy but functional.  

Heres the Reveo in action

Jeff

Some say BBQ is in your blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.
Some people say BBQ is in the blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.

Habanero Smoker

I just got mine today, also my 6 in 1 Grilling Plate came in.

I won't be able to get around to using mine, until next week. [:(][:(]

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Oldman

Hey guys Doug replied to a question about tumbler vacuuming.
Heredown in the thread.

Olds

http://rminor.com

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

nsxbill

My two ABT racks for doing JalapeƱos came a couple of days ago too.  I was quite impressed with the quality.  At least 16 gauge real stainless steel.  Very sturdy.  Unfortunately I don't think they will turn sideways to get two shelves on rack.  I think it will only allow one rack per shelf at a time.

Bill

<i>There is room on earth for all God's creatures....on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.</i>
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

JJC

Hi All,

My Reveo came in yesterday, and I started with 2.5 lbs. of shell sirloin steak.  Used a simple 1/4 cup bourbon + 1/4 cup BBQ sauce mix with 1 tsp coarse black pepper added in.  Tumbled 10 min, then grilled on the Weber.  It was delicious--extremely tender and much better marinade flavor than I'm used to even when I marinate for hours!  My wife, who generally doesn't like marinated meat, thought it was great, too.  Next up is a chicken, later this week, although Jeff's tri-tip recipe might sneak in ahead of the chicken.  If I do the tri-tip, I'm going to use the Dizzy Red-Eye Express rub (has a coffee flavor base).

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

nsxbill

Have to try some of the Dizzy Piggly Wiggly Rub from Jeff.  Ordering one of each to try on different items in the Marivac.  

Experiences to come!

Bill

<i>There is room on earth for all God's creatures....on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.</i>
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

Habanero Smoker

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Oldman</i>
<br />Hey guys Doug replied to a question about tumbler vacuuming.
Heredown in the thread.

Olds

http://rminor.com
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Just read it. Doug provided very useful information. Now I feel more comfortable that I will be able to brine chickens, and how much brine to add during the process.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)