Smoked Boiled Peanuts

Started by NePaSmoKer, December 31, 2009, 12:52:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quarlow

Quote from: drewpatton on January 07, 2010, 09:49:04 PM
Im from Georgia and love boiled peanuts! Unfortunately, right now I am stuck in Alaska and can't get them roadside. That would be a bit ridicules in the snowy, icy winters. Anyhow, I am not sure I have ever had them in a can...if I did would I be disappointed?

Drew
So what took you all the way to Alaska Drew?
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Waltz

Looks good. I would like to try them but don't ever see boiled peanuts here. Do you thing you could just get some raw peanuts and boil them then smoke them?
Waltz.

classicrockgriller

Quote from: Waltz on January 07, 2010, 11:33:07 PM
Looks good. I would like to try them but don't ever see boiled peanuts here. Do you thing you could just get some raw peanuts and boil them then smoke them?
Waltz.

Sure, in that order.

Waltz

OK thanks, I won't boil them before I get them :D.

NePaSmoKer

Im from Georgia and love boiled peanuts! Unfortunately, right now I am stuck in Alaska and can't get them roadside. That would be a bit ridicules in the snowy, icy winters. Anyhow, I am not sure I have ever had them in a can...if I did would I be disappointed?

Drew

The cans and bags are pretty good

pensrock

QuoteUnfortunately, right now I am stuck in Alaska
I would love to be 'stuck in Alaska'.

sage03

Peanut look superb :) :) and I would love to be "stuck" in AK....any time of the year!!

drewpatton

I'm in the military and have been stationed at Elmendorf AFB for going on 5 years now. I broke my leg and the military surgeon made sure it would never heal! So now I am in a holding pattern while they work on medically discharging/retiring me from active duty. Thats why I say I'm stuck here! I have been boiling my own peanuts for years and it is time consuming! Perhaps I will give the pouches and cans a try!

Drew

Hoss

Like Drew, I have been boiling my own peanuts for years.  I have yet to find one out of the can or pouch, or at a roadside vendor that I like as well as my own.  I might have to pull some out of the freezer and try to smoke them now...
Life is not like a box of chocolates.  It's more like a jar of jalapenos - What you do Today might really burn your ass tomorrow.

RossP

Boiled peanuts sound good but I have never seen them up in my neck of the woods. Being from the west coast of Canada there are just some things we do not get, with our language laws in Canada all food packages must be prints in two languages one must be French. This keeps alot of the special foods out of Canad :-[.  One day I will make it down south to try Boiled Peanuts.

Ross
Original Bradley Smoker
Cold Smoker Attachment
Teal Termapen

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: RossP on January 09, 2010, 03:21:23 PM
Boiled peanuts sound good but I have never seen them up in my neck of the woods. Being from the west coast of Canada there are just some things we do not get, with our language laws in Canada all food packages must be prints in two languages one must be French. This keeps alot of the special foods out of Canad :-[.  One day I will make it down south to try Boiled Peanuts.

Ross

They are a southern thing, we dont see them until we hit NC. The cans are pretty good, the sacks are better for quick nuke.

hal4uk

Quote from: RossP on January 09, 2010, 03:21:23 PM

Ross

Make sure and git ya an RC and a moonpie too when ya come  ;D
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

carnie1

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on January 08, 2010, 03:56:48 AM

Drew

The cans and bags are pretty good
NePa is right, I also make my own and buy the cans, which are pretty good since that's all we can get up north, I just found out if you have a pressure cooker you can "boil" peanuts in about 45 minutes, just got a bag of raw ones tonight so I'm gonna try the pressure cooker probably tomorrow

Hoss

[/quote]
NePa is right, I also make my own and buy the cans, which are pretty good since that's all we can get up north, I just found out if you have a pressure cooker you can "boil" peanuts in about 45 minutes, just got a bag of raw ones tonight so I'm gonna try the pressure cooker probably tomorrow
[/quote]

Yes, Pressure cooker works wonders.
Life is not like a box of chocolates.  It's more like a jar of jalapenos - What you do Today might really burn your ass tomorrow.