Looking for recipe for Cesar salad dressing and corn bread

Started by _Bear_, December 31, 2009, 04:38:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_Bear_

OK guys and gals, I am looking for recipe for Cesar salad dressing with anchovies and a good corn bread recipe. These will be made to go along with my prime rib that I am smoking tomorrow and home baked beans that I made last night. Any help would be great.
Bradly Digital 6 rack smoker
Bradley Propane Smoker
The Big Easy
Broil King gas BBQ
"Cant hurt it, it's already dead"

deb415611

Bear,

This cornbread recipe is what I use except I cut way back on the sweetener.  The recipe calls for sugar, honey and brown sugar --  I don't like my cornbread sweet so I only use the honey.  I also don't put the corn kernels.     

It is supposed to be started the night before (mixing buttermilk & corn meal and letting sit out overnight) but I have done this step for as little as a couple hours.

Deb

Pachanga

I've never had anyone turn this down.  Fresh home made hot croutons are a bonus if you have the time.

Pachanga’s Caesar Dressing

This is a Mexican dish.  It was originally created by Cesare Cardini in Tijuana, Mexico or across the border in San Diego (he had a restaurant in each city) and not named for Julius Caesar.

This is a versatile sauce that was created for Caesar Salad, but don’t limit yourself.  Use it as a grilling sauce or a dipping sauce as well.  It will keep for two to three weeks in the refrigerator.  This is similar to a recipe that was Princess Dianna's favorite.  She reportedly ordered it once a fortnight. Her version called for coddled eggs and lemon juice.  It was whipped with a whisk.  I think the lime and bits of pulp give this recipe a little more kick.

¼ cup fresh squeezed lime juice with some pulp
1 large egg (room temperature)
1 large egg yolk (room temperature)
6 oil packed anchovy filets
3 cloves garlic minced or pressed
1 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
½ tsp Sea Salt
1 tsp fresh ground pepper
3/4 Cup Corn Oil
1-1/4 Cup Olive Oil
1/3 cup fresh grated Parmigiano  Reggiano (Pecorino Romano as a substitute)

Finishing ingredients:

Romaine Letttuce
Fresh grated Parmigiano Reggiano
½ Lime
Fresh Ground Pepper
Croutons

If you forgot to get your eggs out early, place them in a cup of hot water for a few minutes.  Place all ingredients except the oil and cheese in a food processor.  Pulse two or three times to grind and mix until smooth.  Measure the oil into a two cup measuring container with a pour spout so they are combined.  Turn processor on and add the oil in a slow steady stream.  The mixture will thicken.  Stop the processor.  Add cheese.  Pulse two or three times to just mix or you can fold the cheese into the mixture.  Refrigerate in a covered container.  Just before serving, dollop over Romaine Lettuce and toss.  Just coat the leaves.  Add a little at a time to desired taste.  Add croutons and toss.  Add fresh ground or cracked pepper and drizzle with lime juice if desired.  Serve immediately with additional croutons and fresh grated Parmigiano  Reggiano on the table. 

Variation:  Serve Crumbled Bacon and Blue Cheese on the side or add pine nuts and sun dried tomatoes and polenta croutons.  Shave the Parmigiano Reggiano.

Good  luck and keep it authentic,

Pachanga

mybad

_Bear_

Hey, mybad, this is my thread so beat it  ;D Just kidding. Great looking recipies, thanks, I will report tomorrow how they turn out. Happy new year
Bradly Digital 6 rack smoker
Bradley Propane Smoker
The Big Easy
Broil King gas BBQ
"Cant hurt it, it's already dead"