• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

King Arthur Flour

Started by car54, January 02, 2010, 04:23:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

car54

I ordered something from King Arthur Flour over 2 years ago and I still get their quarterly catalogs which are enjoyable. They offer good baking products,recipes and all types of cooking utensils.

Here is a link.

http://www.kingarthurflour.com/shop/landing.jsp?go=Home

Brad

deb415611

I love King Arthur!  I order from them all the time and I only use King Arthur flour for baking.  

Some of their "secret ingredients" are mine also (they were even before they started labeling them as secret ingredients)

This  cocoa is one of my favorite ingredients - it makes incredible homemade brownies

Pachanga

There is a difference in flour and King Arthur certainly makes a difference in baking.

Good Luck and let it rise,

Pachanga

KevinG

I'm guessing based off the links, that the flour in King Arthur Flour is just a name and there is no flour in the Cinnamon or cocoa.
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

Oldman

Thanks for the link and info...

Car54 &  deb415611 do you think we should add these folks to our list of approved vendors on the recipe site?

Let me know.

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: KevinG on January 02, 2010, 06:19:17 AM
I'm guessing based off the links, that the flour in King Arthur Flour is just a name and there is no flour in the Cinnamon or cocoa.

They post a lot of recipes and sell other high quality ingredients, mixes, and accessories that are very helpful for the home baker.

There are two main ways to find their flours; 1) type in flour in the search box; or 2) look at the far left, scroll down (if you have to) until you see  "WHAT ARE YOUR BAKING", click on a category and it will list the best flours to use, along with the ingredients and accessories they have on the site.

I forgot to add, I've been ordering from that site for years and only had one minor problem. So I believe that they are very reliable and should be added to the vendor's list.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

deb415611

Olds,

Yes, I think they should be there.  Like Habs I have been ordering from them for years.  I have not had any problems with any of my orders.     

They are an employee-owned company and take pride in what they do.  They are a very old company, they were started in 1790 (not always employee-owned)

Deb

car54

I never thought about adding them to the approved vendor list but they would be a good one to add.

Brad

deb415611

Olds,

Another vendor to consider --

Auber Instruments -- product & customer service is excellent,  I can't think of anyone that isn't happy with their pid.  My original one came doa and the owner actually responded to an email over fourth of July weekend asking for my phone number so he could call and try to troubleshoot over the phone.  It was dead and he sent replacement out before I sent the dead one back.   Later I decided to upgrade to the programmable model & sent back the non-programmable and he sent me programmable one for a very reasonable price (I think it was very close to the difference in cost between programmable & non-programmable).   I know others on this site have had good experiences with him. 

Oldman

Hab,

You want to add them or shall I?

If I do it I will need more information about Auber as to which controllers are recommended. A photo of it or them that I would use as a click to go to Auber.

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: Oldman on January 03, 2010, 07:40:13 AM
Hab,

You want to add them or shall I?

If I do it I will need more information about Auber as to which controllers are recommended. A photo of it or them that I would use as a click to go to Auber.

Olds

I can add them. It now seems that the programmable Auber is by far the favorite, so I can use that as the link.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Oldman

classicrockgriller

Don't know how I got Lucky living in the Deep East part of Texas, but

King Arthur Flour is a staple on our Groc shelves, and several more of their products.

If you want to start a sour dough starter, use it.

Hab's there has been a post that Auber is coming out with a new PID (post by Mr Mike Walleye) that is new and improved.

Caribou

It's funny you mention that CRG, because I noticed King Arthur flour in our local store for the first time just this week.
But I didn't see any other of their products though.
Carolyn

classicrockgriller

Quote from: Caribou on January 04, 2010, 08:07:46 PM
It's funny you mention that CRG, because I noticed King Arthur flour in our local store for the first time just this week.
But I didn't see any other of their products though.
Carolyn

Actually started buying it on my trips to the Big City and it has migrated it's way down here.