• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Carolina Treet and such..

Started by dbrown1, January 04, 2010, 08:14:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dbrown1

Would anyone know of some places where I could order Carolina treet and some of these other sauces, rubs that some of you use ?? They all look so darn good and well we don't get a lot of that stuff in Alaska.

lumpy

Ask Nepas
I think he has a kitchen full :D :D

Lumpy

squirtthecat

The easiest is to go direct to the source:

http://www.carolinatreet.com/sauces.asp

Tip:  Go for the 1/2 gallon size jug, that gives you the most bang for the buck:

http://www.carolinatreet.com/sauces.asp?page=2

MPTubbs

Just ordered some....going to give it a try.

If people here use it, it must be good!
If your so cool....where's your Tattoo.

NePaSmoKer

CT is really good. I like the NC CT better than i do the SC, CT

MPTubbs

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on January 05, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
CT is really good. I like the NC CT better than i do the SC, CT

I ordered both.

I would think the SC would be good on brisket and NC would be good on ribs?

OU812

Quote from: mptubbs on January 05, 2010, 07:25:10 AM
Just ordered some....going to give it a try.

If people here use it, it must be good!

The NC is what I like best also, the SC is good to but with a more robust mustard flavor to me. CT is a cookin sauce than a BBQ sauce, put it on before you cook.

TTNuge

What's the spice level on these?  I'm thinking of picking some up for a pork butt for a large gathering in a few weeks and I'll be serving people from infant to 90+ years old and I know some of them won't want anything spicy.  I'm usually a mild guy myself as well.

squirtthecat

Quote from: TTNuge on January 05, 2010, 07:44:23 AM
What's the spice level on these?  I'm thinking of picking some up for a pork butt for a large gathering in a few weeks and I'll be serving people from infant to 90+ years old and I know some of them won't want anything spicy.  I'm usually a mild guy myself as well.

I find it nice and mild.  Just a bit tangy, but it mellows out while it cooks.    MIL doesn't like spicy food, and she loves my turkey that I coat in CT before smoking.

FLBentRider

It's subjective of course, but I found a little tang, no heat.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

OU812

I agree, good flavor a little twang and very little heat. If my wife will eat it and not gripe then the heat is very light, she thinks black pepper is hot.

TTNuge

Thanks guys!

How's their Big Moe's BBQ Sauce?

MPTubbs

Quote from: OU812 on January 05, 2010, 07:56:08 AM
I agree, good flavor a little twang and very little heat. If my wife will eat it and not gripe then the heat is very light, she thinks black pepper is hot.

Ditto here OU.

ArnieM

CT is not a hot sauce.  Just a nice flavor.

Ingredients: Water, Vinegar, Wheat Flour, Salt, Soybean Oil, Paprika, Garlic, Onion, Xanthan Gum (naturally) and 'spices'.

I've never tried Moe's.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

NePaSmoKer

Moe's is ok but not as good as the CT..............................HEY MOE....NYUK NYUK NYUK

Wanna kick up the CT? Add 1 Tblsp habanero powder to it..................OH BABY