• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Weather Men... liars

Started by Oldman, January 07, 2010, 06:51:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

Yesterday they said not to cold here. So what happens? My dwarf Red Banana plants take a big hit.

Today they said it will be really cold... well where is the really cold stuff?

It must be nice to have a job where you are not held accountable for what you do.

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Slamdunk

Yep - weathermen and politicians,,,,,

Oh and how about lawyers asking for a retainer and no guarantees what so ever!! My mechanic, doctor, newspaper boy, plumber...well you get the idea, nobody else does it. How come lawyers get away with it?

manxman

QuoteIt must be nice to have a job where you are not held accountable for what you do.

My brother is a weather man with the British armed forces, I took great pleasure in showing him this post as it is something we discuss regularly!!

Winds him up a treat is does!!  ;) :D :D :D
Manxman

Tenpoint5

Quote from: manxman on January 08, 2010, 01:18:53 AM
QuoteIt must be nice to have a job where you are not held accountable for what you do.

My brother is a weather man with the British armed forces, I took great pleasure in showing him this post as it is something we discuss regularly!!

Winds him up a treat is does!!  ;) :D :D :D
Manxman,
Tell him to make sure he leans over and looks out the window BEFORE he makes his forecast it will improve his odds of getting it right by 50%
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

manxman

QuoteManxman,
Tell him to make sure he leans over and looks out the window BEFORE he makes his forecast it will improve his odds of getting it right by 50%

Nice one 10.5, wound him up even more!!  :D ::)

Trouble is that even when he looks out the window he doesn't look at the weather as he is too busy watching the Apache helicopter gunships which are at his airbase in the South of England!  ;)
Manxman

Caneyscud

The only thing worse than the weather "people" around here are the sportscasters! 

"In the beginning, God created Weatherman and endowed him with just enough ability to almost always incorrectly guess what tomorrow's weather would be. Then, taking a rib and a map pointer from Weatherman, He created Weatherwoman, whose powers of climate-related prophesy were not much better, but she was more perky, and thus more fun to watch."

"A weatherman and weatherwoman walk into a train. They didn't see that coming either."

An honest weatherman says, "Today's forecast is bright and sunny with an 80% chance that I'm wrong."

One thing for the weathermen.  Even as bad as we think they might be, they are infinitely better at predicting the weather than I am at predicting what I shouldl say to my wife when she is in a "mood"! 

Quote from: manxman on January 08, 2010, 06:10:30 AM
Quotebusy watching the Apache helicopter gunships which are at his airbase in the South of England!  ;)

Love the sound their engines make.  Had two fly over our office yesterday.  No problem telling the difference between those copters and the Traffic and LifeFlight copters! 

"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

Tenpoint5

The part that gets me the most is with all the modern technology that the weatherman has. He still can't tell me what the weather is going to be this weekend. Now the Farmers Almanac which is printed a year in advance and uses some wives tales and looking at what it is doing now is pretty much right on when they say what the weather is going to be like next week. Go Figure!! Maybe the weatherman should read the Farmers Almanac
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

FLBentRider

I figure with the Weather forecast, you get what you pay for.

nothing.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Oldman

Quote from: FLBentRider on January 08, 2010, 08:00:46 AM
I figure with the Weather forecast, you get what you pay for.

nothing.

Oush man that is cruel........

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

ArnieM

I figure there's a 50% chance of light by sun up and a 50% chance of dark by sun down.

And the "Ten Day Forecast" - gimme a break.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.