• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Sauces/Marinades

Started by Paddlinpaul, January 07, 2010, 07:20:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paddlinpaul

So I see talk about Carolina Treet is a popular sauce/marinade. It sounds good, will have people I know going to the US to look out for it for me so I can give it a try.
Has anyone tried the President's Choice Smokin' Stampede Beer and Chipotle sauce? It isa grocery store private label sauce we get up here in Canada and it is the best thing bought I have found for ribs. They claim it was entered is a BBQ competition in Arkansas (or Oklahoma possibly) and it won best sauce. No one could believe it came out of a  bottle. They also make a habernero tequila sauce that is pretty good also.
Any other good ones people recommend?
With my Bradley, no one tells me to quit smoking!

classicrockgriller

Quarlow sent me some P C Habernero sauce and I liked it.

Liked it so well I tryed to get some on line. No go.

Quarlow

Hey paul so how is the stampede sauce, is it spicy or what?
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Paddlinpaul

Not too hot but very flavorful, nice thick consistency. They actually make a rub to accompany that is not bad either. You could easily add some chipotles to it if you wanted more heat.

Quarlow

Thanks Paul. I like heat but no one else here does and I can't have spicy anymore for medical reasons. :-[ I have a bottle of each of the PC sauces but was not sure about the stampede sauce. Of course anything that turns out to hot I can always give to one of my brothers or my nephew. Damn I miss the spicy stuff. >:(
As soon as I am allowed to open somemore sauces I will try them out. My wife keeps telling me" If you open anymore sauces before you finish some of the others you are going to have to buy me a new bigger fridge". She almost killed me when I opened the bottle of CT that NePaS sent me. ;D ;D
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ

Paddlinpaul

Quote from: classicrockgriller on January 07, 2010, 07:23:39 PM
Quarlow sent me some P C Habernero sauce and I liked it.

Liked it so well I tryed to get some on line. No go.

I just looked online and this site has some Presidents Choice brand stuff on it. There is a "Wish List" on the top right of the page. Seeing as they already carry some of the products, you may be able to get them to carry the sauces. Worth a shot. They do international shipping BTW.

Quarlow

So what is the website there Paul?

OBS
BBQ

Paddlinpaul

Oops, middle aged brainfa**. Sorry about that. Its like sending an email without an attachment.

http://new.canadaonly.ca/

hal4uk

This ain't a BBQ sauce...  But if you have Meijer store...
They have a new house brand ("Meijer Gold") of salsa that's awsome.
It's called "del cabo roasted tomatillo".
Some family-owned producer in SoCal makes it for them.

Doesn't even resemble the rest of that chunky junk in a jar.
This stuff flat-out rocks.

No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

Paddlinpaul

It must be a new product, no listing yet on their website.
By he looks of the store locater, I would have to cross the Great Lakes to get to the closest one :( Their map shows only MI, KY, OH, IN, IL.
I could put a lot of miles on my car this summer grocery shopping.

canadaonly

Hi all,

Thanks for thinking of us Paul. We had someone make the BBQ sauce as a suggestion for our store to carry.

We've added both the PC Smokin' Habenero & Tequila BBQ sauce, and PC Smokin' Stampede Beer & Chipotle BBQ sauce. We have also made a coupon for those of you in the forum here. It will give 10% off the price of those two BBQ sauces when you checkout. The coupon code is "stampedesauce".

We appreciate the tip on the great product.

Cheers,
Jason

Canada Only.
http://new.canadaonly.ca

(Please excuse the intrusion if there is a rule against companies posting on this forum)

Paddlinpaul

I think this is great news for our friends south of the border. Thank you for your quick action on this.
I cannot speak for the moderator of this forum, but I can't imagine them having a problem with helping the members.

NePaSmoKer

I have a bottle of the Habanero Fume. Good stuff

classicrockgriller

Welcome canadaonly.

Nice to have you here and thanks for the link and coupon.

Had someone send me some of the Habenero and I enjoyed it.

Thanks again.

Mr Walleye

I use both these sauces on a regular basis and really like them. For the price, they are hard to beat.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes