I made it !!! I made it !!!

Started by Valkyrie, March 29, 2005, 06:00:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valkyrie

We are tuesday morning and I want to tell you that I ordered my SS BS with cover and three 120 bisquettes boxes: maple, hickory an apple. I can't wait to try it! I told all my friends and family that they're gonna bite into something they won't believe the taste[}:)]. Like I told you before, here in Québec City, I'm a pionneer in smoking food with that machine. I keep on reading the BS forums and learning a lot. To those who answered my postings, thank you for your support and understanding: I will keep you informed of my smoking experiences with the BS.

Valkyrie

manxman

Hi Valkyrie,

Welcome to the B.S family!! [:D][:D]

You will have loads of fun with your B.S, even my two young sons look forward to my offerings and like to get involved. Keep us posted how you get on. [:p][:p]

Manxman.
Manxman

BigSmoker

Keep us posted[:D]

Jeff

Some say BBQ is in your blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.
Some people say BBQ is in the blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.

oguard

Once you start,you won't be able to stop[}:)].Welcome to the smoking family[:D].
<b><font face="Comic Sans MS">KEEP ON SMOKIN</font id="Comic Sans MS"></b>
<b><font face="Comic Sans MS">Mike</font id="Comic Sans MS"></b>
Catch it,Kill it,Smoke it.

St. Helens Smoker

Enjoy the critter...it gets addicting, I haven't had the oppurtunity to play with mine for nearly 3 weeks and am suffering withdrawls[:D] That good smoked stuff is a terrible monkey to have on your back.[8D]

Chez Bubba

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by St. Helens Smoker</i>
<br />I haven't had the oppurtunity to play with mine for nearly 3 weeks and am suffering withdrawls<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Please limit your discussion to the smoker & aspects of smoking.[:D][:D][:D]

SHS, you'll learn not to throw a slow fatty like that down the center of the plate to me![;)][:D][}:)][:)]

Welcome Val, we look forward to hearing of your successes & helping you all we can. Just ask.[8D]

Kirk

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

JJC

Welcome, Val!  Don't be a stranger--share those experiences, both good and not-so-good . . . and start with something easy, like chicken or Boston Butt [:p]

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

nsxbill

Welcome to the fold!  Hope you enjoy your new smoker, and keep us up on all your efforts.  I agree on making your first smoke a great one...brisket, or butt.  Make sure you use an external monitor to watch your meat temp as well as the cabinet temp...As you can guess I am not enthralled with the probe in the door!  Just not accurate enough for me.

As we do with many newbies, recommend you pick up some different books for recipes and perhaps a Maverick ET-73 to make life easier for you.  The thermometer would be at the top of my recommended accessories!

Bill

<i>There is room on earth for all God's creatures....on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.</i>
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

St. Helens Smoker

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">SHS, you'll learn not to throw a slow fatty like that down the center of the plate to me!<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

No prob Kirk...figured things had been slow enough around here, you needed something set up on the tee for bleacher clearer[:D]

Cold Smoke

Chez Bubba Posted -

quote:
St. Helens Smoker

I haven't had the oppurtunity to play with mine for nearly 3 weeks and am suffering withdrawls
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please limit your discussion to the smoker & aspects of smoking.
 [/quote]

[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

Cold Smoke

JJC

Hi Val,

In addition to Bill's advice on the ET-73 and some recipe books, check out the info on the Sticky at the top of each Forum.  It's still very much a work in progress, but it will provide a wealth of info for you both as you're getting started and as reference material later on.

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

Valkyrie

Hi guys!
Thanks you for your advice. I've noticed that in Québec city, it's quite hard to find gadgets for grills and/or smokers[:(]. Anyway, two years ago, I looked for a Polder dual-sensor thermo-timer for use on my grill. Nobody had it: even in Montréal, where I've phoned to about ten stores. But one guy in Montréal told me that he can order it from his distributor in Toronto. So, due to the difficulty to get one, I ordered two of them[^]. After one or two times I've tried it, the probe got crazy[:(!]. The second one is still working very good.
So I have already one dual-sensor thermometer, and I bought last year Smoke and Spice, but it's not the last edition. Next time I'll be in Montréal, I'm gonna buy some other books about smoking.
Does anyone can give me titles of books I should purchase?
BTW, we are thursday at noon, and I do not have news about the SS BS that I've ordered[?]. I'm gonna light a candle at the church[8D]!
CAN'T WAIT TO SMELL SMOKE ON MY CLOTHES

Valkyrie

Habanero Smoker

Valkyrie,
Sounds like you don't have much more time to wait.

Go to this site http://www.susanminor.org/index2.html click on "Bradley Smokers Here" and then go to the Reference Book thread. Bill has compiled a list of books that may be of interest.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

simmy

Enjoy the smoker Val!![:D]

Steve

Oldman

Opps I don't know how I miss say a big How-Do! As in welcome to the boards.

EDIT That link listed above no longer works. This one does: http://www.susanminor.org/smokers/index.htm

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!!