• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Rush Limbaugh, Has gone to far this time

Started by Oldman, January 15, 2010, 08:14:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

The White House is firing back at Rush Limbaugh after the conservative talk radio host urged people not to donate to relief efforts in Haiti. Limbaugh said on his radio show Wednesday that he wouldn't trust that money donated to Haiti through the White House Web site would actually go to the relief efforts. He said Americans don't need to contribute to earthquake relief because they already donate to Haiti through their income taxes.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/01/14/AR2010011403075.html

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Kummok

America always has and always will "Rush" (pun?) to the aid of countries in need, White House wackos and talk show entertainers aside. Listen to the whole show instead of pouncing on out-of-context tidbits that fit political agendas and you'll get a better idea of truth of his statements. Just a guess, but I'd be willing to bet that Rush has donated more of his own money to relief efforts than has any White House spokesperson out of their own pocket?!?!?....And speaking of countries coming to Haiti's aid, what's up with China's $1million???

Roadking

When I know that the poor in this country, and the senior citizens of this country (U.S.A.) are taken cared of. Then and only then I'll donated to others. Let's take care of our own before we take care of others.

Pachanga

A volunteer who has been in and out of Haiti for over twenty years was asked how to help Haiti.  Standing among the rubble, he said simply, "Do not give any money or goods to a government entity.  I have been here for over twenty years and have never seen government money get to the people.  Give to a well known relief agency.  Your money will get to the people."

I listen to Rush occasionally and heard his statement.  I heard the news reports today and was surprised because I did not hear him say anything close to the reports when heard in context.  I heard him say something similar to the above.  He is clarifying his statement today.  Like the country, the news media is divided and slanted.  A large segment of the media is going to misconstrue Rush's remarks if possible. Personally, White House Press Secretary Gibb's credibility is something I do not rely on.  I do not agree with Rush all the time but he makes a lot of sense most of the time.  That stand alone statement is does not fit the heart, philosophy or personality of the public figure I listen to.

It is a very sad situation in Haiti.  I like the statement that "No one can have a new beginning, but everyone can begin again, and have a new ending."

My hope for Haiti is this is an opportunity to begin again and have a new ending.  The fact is only the people of that nation can decide their own fate after this episode is soon forgotten by the world.

Pachanga

Caneyscud

I haven't had a chance to watch any TV in the last week or so, and did not know this was so bad until 2 days ago.  I sometimes live in my self made bubble.  But I agree with not "giving" through governments.  My experience is that it just doesn't all (sometimes if any) get there.  Many major denominations have disaster relief agencies that are set up with a bespoken budget for overhead and are mostly manned by volunteers so that just about all of a donation to a disaster gets on the ground to be used for relief.  I have a friend that this morning he told me he is being deployed to Haiti either this afternoon or in the morning.  I'm not sure exactly who he works for, but he has worked for or with the Secret Service, FBI, TBI, and was in charge of security at our airport.  I'm always afraid to ask.  He is to keep me informed as to how best to make a difference. 

BTW, I'm not sure I would trust the Pravda on the Potomac for fair and unbiased reporting on ole Rush! 

My prayers go out to the hurting people of Haiti! 
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

lumpy

The US government has given Haiti 5 billion dollars over the last 50 years :o

What have they to show for it??

Or shall I say what do the average citizens have to show?

JF7FSU

I live in Miami and see the brunt of everything dealing with Haiti, Cuba, and the Caribbean.   Let me start off by saying that Haitian people are some of the hardest working people I have ever seen and dealt with.  They are also some of the nicest I have ever dealt with.  Unlike some other groups, they actually want to work, are reliable, and are generally positive members of the community.

The last thing South Florida needs is more immigrants, and more problems.  We are the dumping ground for anything dealing with the Caribbean and South America.  I work in Federal Law Enforcement and see this first hand every day. Miami sent Fire Rescue teams and cadaver dogs right away to Haiti and every other block has a Haiti Relief truck parked.  Every person in South Florida has been hit up for money or food through their jobs and neighbors.  Where is all the money going?  I don't know but I know they are really suffering over there.

So now we have a crisis and there is thousands of bodies smelling, homeless people, and live people buried under rubble. There are thousands of orphans that they are now going to airlift to Miami like they did the Cubans during Operation Pedro Pan.  What can we do.  We already send them back when they try to float over unlike the Cubans who get to stay.

Unfortunately, Rush is so focused on hating Obama, he is overlooking the human factor.  Whatever corruption went on in the past, the general population did not benefit and they bore the brunt of the quake. 

PS. I am a Conservative and voted for McCain (and proud of it)
Posted via Tapatalk - iPhone

hal4uk

We regularly give generously to the Red Cross and the Salvation Army.
That's because we trust them with the money.
My fingers are tired, so I'll leave it at that. 
Awrighten.
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

JF7FSU

Quote from: hal4uk on January 15, 2010, 06:02:26 PM
We regularly give generously to the Red Cross and the Salvation Army.
That's because we trust them with the money.
My fingers are tired, so I'll leave it at that. 
Awrighten.

That is the best advice anyone could give hal.
Posted via Tapatalk - iPhone