• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Makin' Jerky

Started by cgaengineer, January 15, 2010, 07:11:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cgaengineer

Wanted to use the new to me slicer very bad so I asked a friend of mine if he wanted some jerky...who can turn down jerky? He brought back 2 london broils and a brisket for me to make pastrami and keep for making the jerky for him. I will marinate in my "famous" pastrami dry rub for 12 hours and put it in the Excalibur tomorrow morning. I lightly froze the beef to make slicing easier.

A very patient dog (and fat)

My trimmed brisket flat dry rubbed with MTQ, pepper, coriander and GARLIC. I will smoke this sucker on Monday after work.

We love the flavor/taste of pastrami in this house so jerky gets the same cure as the brisket for pastrami.
Weber Genesis (Black) Vertical Gas Smoker (Wanna upgrade to a Bradley), Anvil SLR7012 meat slicer, KitchenAid Meat grinder and sausage stuffer.

FLBentRider

Nice!

How much does that slicer Weigh?
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

cgaengineer

Weber Genesis (Black) Vertical Gas Smoker (Wanna upgrade to a Bradley), Anvil SLR7012 meat slicer, KitchenAid Meat grinder and sausage stuffer.

classicrockgriller

Hey! I have a pair of those pants ....

And a fat dog.

cgaengineer

Oh yeah? Well I have two pair!!...I like them so much that I rotate them out!! I have 2 fat dogs and took in a skinny stray a couple weeks ago...anyone wanna yellow lab?

squirtthecat

And I see a feline in the background keeping an eye on things...

cgaengineer

Yeah...old sucker...its time for him to go to kitty heaven.

FLBentRider

Now we're counting pajama pants ?

;D ;D ;D

I can see the thread now...

Got PJ's - Post 'em Here!

::) ::) ::)
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

classicrockgriller

That is a nice slicer and you have to tell us about your "famous" pastrimi rub!

cgaengineer

Thanks...picked the slicer up on Craigslist for $250...could not pass it up. My wife said I am on money restriction for a few weeks.

I was joking about the pastrami rub, but its famous in our house.

1/4 Cup MTQ
1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
1/4 Cup Black Pepper
2 TBS Fresh Ground Coriander
2 TBS Granulated Garlic

Gizmo

Quote from: cgaengineer on January 15, 2010, 07:38:21 PM
My wife said I am on money restriction for a few weeks.

I hate it when that happens.  Nice looking slicer.  Does look heavy duty.  Looks like a good angle on the blade.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

Hoss

Quote from: Gizmo on January 15, 2010, 08:27:18 PM

I hate it when that happens.  Nice looking slicer.  Does look heavy duty.  Looks like a good angle on the blade.

I know that feeling....  Just ask her ::)
Life is not like a box of chocolates.  It's more like a jar of jalapenos - What you do Today might really burn your ass tomorrow.

classicrockgriller

cga, you really need to see FBR thread on his Eye of Round Jerky.

Will post a link to it, If I can find it.

cgaengineer

Quote from: Gizmo on January 15, 2010, 08:27:18 PM

We really didn't need to buy it but couldn't pass up the deal. I had been looking for a smaller slicer around $100 that would work for what I needed but then I found this one.

It is heavy, around 70-80 pounds...the finish is stained from harsh chemicals but the finish is still smooth, at 1/2 hp it didn't bog down a bit cutting partially frozen beef.

cgaengineer

Quote from: classicrockgriller on January 15, 2010, 10:38:23 PM
cga, you really need to see FBR thread on his Eye of Round Jerky.

Will post a link to it, If I can find it.

I am interested in trying it if you can find the recipe.