Piggy Nirvana

Started by oakville smoker, January 17, 2010, 05:46:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oakville smoker

This little piggy went to market

This little piggy came home and got its skin all slieced up and marinated in a brine for almost 20 hours

This little piggy went swimming in Flavour Town

And had a nice bath before dinner LOL

And thsi little piggy got a suite at the Hotel Bradley  ( but got kicked out after 12 hours ) and used the spa !

Yummy yummy yummy I got pork in my tummy

All I wanted to do was slow smoke some ribs.  Another addiction created thanks to the Bradley that requires regular servicing...  But what an addiction to have.  Even better to share here with some of the best people on the planet.

Would you like smoke with that sir ?

Tenpoint5

Nice looking pork shoulder there OS.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Old_Sarge

NePaSmoKer

oakville smoker

There was much applause for the whole pork leg

Q????

I have a bone now that everything is carved off of it
I think it would be a sin to chuck it in the bin

Any ideas of what I could do with this?
Most stocks are beef and chicken
Never seen a pork stock

I wapped it up and put it in the freezer until I get some inspiration or drop it on my foot ! 
All I wanted to do was slow smoke some ribs.  Another addiction created thanks to the Bradley that requires regular servicing...  But what an addiction to have.  Even better to share here with some of the best people on the planet.

squirtthecat

You could make a very happy dog with that...

I've also wondered about 'pork stock'.
Maybe use the 'stock' mixed in with vaulted vinegar and add to your next pulled pork?  ???

HawkeyeSmokes

My first thought with a smoked pork bone is beans!

They are all good. Black, red, white!
HawkeyeSmokes

Tenpoint5

I'm with you Hawkeye!! Throw that big o'l ham bone in a pot with some beans and let it simmer on the back of the stove all day. Add some onions and whatever else you would like and make some Ham and Bean soup. Beware of open flames for a couple of days afterward.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

HawkeyeSmokes

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on January 17, 2010, 09:26:12 AM
I'm with you Hawkeye!! Throw that big o'l ham bone in a pot with some beans and let it simmer on the back of the stove all day. Add some onions and whatever else you would like and make some Ham and Bean soup. Beware of open flames for a couple of days afterward.

There's one more advantage to a Bradley Smoker! No open flames.
HawkeyeSmokes

squirtthecat

Great ideas...

When I do my 15 bean pulled pork chili for next month's cookoff, I'm going to throw the bones in.

oakville smoker

Do you think a dog can have pork bones
I have always shy'd away from giving them pork bones

Paddlinpaul

You could make a hell of a good pea soup with that bone.
With my Bradley, no one tells me to quit smoking!

squirtthecat

Quote from: oakville smoker on January 17, 2010, 04:23:50 PM

I give all of my pork shoulder bones to a friend w/ a pair of rescue beagles...   He says that they go nuts for them.   If this isn't safe for the dogs, someone please step up and say so!    ???

(my cats would just lick the bones and bat them around the kitchen floor)

MPTubbs

Quote from: squirtthecat on January 17, 2010, 04:34:12 PM
Quote from: oakville smoker on January 17, 2010, 04:23:50 PM

I give all of my pork shoulder bones to a friend w/ a pair of rescue beagles...   He says that they go nuts for them.   If this isn't safe for the dogs, someone please step up and say so!    ???

(my cats would just lick the bones and bat them around the kitchen floor)

OK got it from a good source (the wife)...pork bones are just like chicken bones.  

They are not a very strong bone.

They will splinter and plug up the dogs guts.....that's means surgery!

She says never, never give them chicken or pork bones ever!

Why take the chance.
If your so cool....where's your Tattoo.

classicrockgriller

I've always heard not to give a dog a bone that has had an even cook on it (ie: oven, bradley)

My dogs only get raw bones.

But you see smoked bones for sale in pet store, but I bet it is a solution smoke flavoring.