• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Stuffers

Started by oakville smoker, January 18, 2010, 01:56:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oakville smoker

I made about 20 pounds of salami and pepperoni yesterday
The grinder worked great but the stuffing was a chore
Any recommendations on stuffers?
I dont want to spend a ton of cash as I will only use this every 3 or 4 months
I have even started looking for a used one
All I wanted to do was slow smoke some ribs.  Another addiction created thanks to the Bradley that requires regular servicing...  But what an addiction to have.  Even better to share here with some of the best people on the planet.

Would you like smoke with that sir ?

lumpy

I own a LEM 5#er and should have bought a 10#er.
You can get an electric motor with the 10#er and not with the smaller one.

Besides the size, I think its a great stuffer. All stainless steel with steel gears. When the piston hits the bottom, there is not enough meat in the canister to make a meat ball.

Lumpy

Piker

I have a 5 lb. from northern tool and it also has plastic gears and as long as your a little carefull it will last I have used mine for 7 yrs with only 1 set of broken gears which my buddy broke. I usually make 15 lbs. at a time about 6 times a year with no problems. I think Princess Auto or peavy mart carries basically the same thing for about $100.00. Piker

lumpy

OS
TSE also sells stuffers. I bought mine from BassPro on the 400.

Lump

classicrockgriller

Ijust bought the LEM 5lb'er and haven't played with it yet.

oakville smoker

Excellent
I am thinking LEM but reviews are not very positive

I was going to buy extra tubes for my grinder but I dont think its worth it at this point

A guy on kijij had a Sausage maker model for sale but he wants 160 which I think is too much
It looks like its a few years old
All I wanted to do was slow smoke some ribs.  Another addiction created thanks to the Bradley that requires regular servicing...  But what an addiction to have.  Even better to share here with some of the best people on the planet.

classicrockgriller

I recently made the same post and here was what was said.

http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=13723.0

NePaSmoKer

I have a PS Seasoning 5lb with plastic gears and a LEM 5 with metal. The LEM is great, Dont have enough meat at the bottom to even make a small patty. More meat is in the tube than the stuffer.

oakville smoker

I love this place
Ask a question and get GREAT answers
The referenced post was very helpful

I think found a vertical at Princess Auto for 99
Not sure who manufacturer is but I think Iwill check it out as well as Bass pro on the 400

oakville smoker

Well I did it
Just ordered a vertical stuffer from Princess Auto and the a set of additional stuffer tubes
I should have everything I need to stuff my brains out now
I will be starting the addition on the house soon to house all my smoker "toys"  LOL

http://www.princessauto.com/farm/food-processing/stuffers/8180077-table-top-sausage-stuffer

My smoked / cooked salami was a hit and the wife says lets make another 20 pounds on Sunday
I still have cuts and bruises from last weekend.  NO WAY...  JOSE !  Not without a stuffer
I am going to have to lock the salami up now or it will be gone in a week !

I am hoping this stuffer as good and easy as people say it is

lumpy

I can just see it now........the US guys are saying "he bought a stuffer at a company called Princess Auto" WTF?

Ya thats right......we do alot of multitasking here in Canada. We buy our sausage stuffers at the same store we buy our car parts. :D

Glad to hear you took the plunge OS!

Lump

oakville smoker

Hey
I bought a knife block from a company that sells woodworking tools   LOL
Go figure

if this is as good as I hope, I can see a lot of meat flowing through this puppy sooner than later

OU812

Good score oakville, your gona love that stuffer.

After the last batch of sausage you did this stuffer will be like childs pay.

Piker

Oakville good choice it looks exactly the same as mine with exactly the same weight and measurements. I think there is one company out there that makes a stuffer for a bunch of different stores and they just put their logo on it. I put my N.T. one right next to a Lem and the only diff was the price. thks Piker

oakville smoker

I think this was meant to be
I got a call from the store, they were down to their last one. 
They dont have the extra tube kit but I will find the one I need somewhere, but they were holding my order wondering if I would want to cancel.  8 weeks and they might have some more.

$1.99 for the 3 tubes, heck of a deal
I will be patient and wait for the tubes to come in ....  BUT
I want my damn stuffer now PLEASE !     :-*