• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Recipes from Bradley Smoker Forums

Started by cgaengineer, January 22, 2010, 10:44:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cgaengineer

Habenaro smoker you did a terrific job! I love the database format and its easy to keep on the computer....this must have taken hours to complete!!

Do you update it from time to time?
Weber Genesis (Black) Vertical Gas Smoker (Wanna upgrade to a Bradley), Anvil SLR7012 meat slicer, KitchenAid Meat grinder and sausage stuffer.

Tenpoint5

Yes, Habs and Olds have probably way too many hours involved in the recipe site but neither one will admit it.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

cgaengineer

I have never seen a publication done buy a private individual, and offered free to have so much information.

Is there anyway to modify the original file so I can add some of my own recipes in it?
Weber Genesis (Black) Vertical Gas Smoker (Wanna upgrade to a Bradley), Anvil SLR7012 meat slicer, KitchenAid Meat grinder and sausage stuffer.

Tenpoint5

OK now your talking Greek so your gonna have to wait for one of the Gurus to show up and answer that one. Habs will be on later this afternoon.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

cgaengineer

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on January 22, 2010, 11:24:41 AM
OK now your talking Greek so your gonna have to wait for one of the Gurus to show up and answer that one. Habs will be on later this afternoon.

Actually I figured it out! I would open the file with WinOrganizer and add folders, text and pictures just like any other document. The layout for me is great. I would just like to add some of my own stuff in the file...I'm going to play around with it tonight and see what happens....the only problem is the version of WinOrganizer you download updates the file so that the older 3.0 file cannot open the file anymore so I would have to purchase both WinOrganizer and the reader....no biggy, they weren't that expensive.

For those interested there is a free Big Green Egg database which is similar to the Bradley one but you will have to have the new software to open it.

http://www.tgslabs.com/en/downloads/db/cook-book/

Habanero Smoker

cgaengineer;

Thanks for the compliment, but many members, most of whom no longer regularly visit, put most of the work into that site. We do update from time to time. I believe the last update was September '09; it all depends on how many recipes and articles have been added.

We do use the same data base that the Big Green Egg uses, WinOrganizer (GoldenSection Notes) . We are sticking with the earlier version, if we use a version higher than 2.8 then the user would have to pay $10 to purchase the viewer in order to read the data base. Versions prior to 3 had the reader built into the data base.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)