Bacon wrapped Pineapple w/bourbon glaze

Started by TMB, January 23, 2010, 07:37:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dbondy

Nice job TMB, another use for bradly honey bacon and pinapple. I'll have to get the BE out this weekend. Thanks :)

Oldman

Seeing how I grow pineapples on the next fruiting I will give this a shot.
Thanks for the idea.
Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

TMB

Just remember guys and gals to use thick cut bacon!  The thin stuff won't last I know!  ::)

Let me know how y'all do with it.

TMB
Live, ride, eat well and thank God!

classicrockgriller

monty

hey TMB do you think this would work if i cut small chunks of pineapple and wrapped individually with a slice of bacon? you know, like a pineapple ABT!  :)
Bradley Original Smoker BT1S1
Auber PID WS-1200CPH
Traeger Lil' Tex BBQ070
Char-Broil Big Easy Infrared Fryer 10101480
Napoleon Ultra Chef UP405RB

TMB

Quote from: monty on January 27, 2010, 05:57:12 PM
hey TMB do you think this would work if i cut small chunks of pineapple and wrapped individually with a slice of bacon? you know, like a pineapple ABT!  :)
Does this answer your question??

Yes you can!  ;D

TMB

Quote from: Up In Smoke on January 28, 2010, 05:14:38 PM
I's getting closer, and closer! tomorrow is friday
Gonna stop at publix and get some bacon and a pineapple.....
Also gonna get some GB for stix!!!!

I just plain ole cannot wait!!!!

Hey Smoke, if it helps I bought my bacon at Publix it was Wright's brand thick cut bacon. This stuff was thick and easy to use where most thick cut is a little thinner it seems.

I believe I will always stick with this brand and it was .25 cents cheaper then the store brand!!

TMB

Quote from: Up In Smoke on January 29, 2010, 06:16:21 AM
Thanks TMB i will be sure to pick that up!
I have an idea i am gonna try with this.
If it works out i will post results.
Please do, I would like to see how others pull this one off. I have a another idea that I have never seen an I hope to try it Sat or Sunday but there's a good chance for sleet and or snow so not sure just yet. I will let you know when I cook it and how it turns out.
It will be different for sure and may be just dreaming but with me you never know!  ;D

I will post good or bad.  OBTW there will be NO bacon in this recipe but it should be good.

TMB

North Alabama... GOD'S country!!   ;)    If you ever heard of Huntsville Alabama then your real close!  Kinda north of there.

What part of Ga you from?  I go to school over in Alpharetta Ga about 1 time a year or so.

Email me some time.    [email protected]  just ref TBE so I know not to trash it.

Tommy (TMB)

OU812

MTB

I was wonderin how you keep the stuff from fallin off the skewers ?

TMB

First off you need to have thick cut bacon and about 10 toothpicks.  Wrap the pineapple with a basket weave of bacon as shown and pin the ends with the toothpicks then use a rotisserie spit to hold it together. That's all you need   ;D

3rd picture on the front of this thread is a picture of the spit rod I used

CB

Happy Grilling!

TMB

Quote from: CB on January 30, 2010, 12:43:24 PM
snif...I'm so proud...snif... ;D
CB, I can't believe Ka Honu didn't do this first??  ;)

Tenpoint5

Damn UIS it may not have been what you intended but send me a dish of that. It looks fantastic!! I like your mistake.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

classicrockgriller

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on January 31, 2010, 04:26:55 PM
Damn UIS it may not have been what you intended but send me a dish of that. It looks fantastic!! I like your mistake.

I agree with Chris, that almost looks too good!