• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

What is everyone smoking for the Superbowl.

Started by Smokey the Bear., January 24, 2010, 10:26:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smokey the Bear.

I am thinking about chicken and ribs but have not decided. I am moving on the 29th of January and i am setting up the smoker in the shed with a insulated box for temperature assistance since it will be plenty cold by then. What is everyone else smoking for the big game,with the game kicking off after 6 pm there is lots of time for some great recipes to be included.
If it has eyes and a head,I would probably eat it. Eh

squirtthecat

All of our local grocery store ads this week have chicken pieces/parts on sale.  Whole fryers, (69 cents/pound), drumsticks/thighs (99 77 cents/pound), split chicken breasts (99 cents/pound)

I'm thinking CHICKEN!

TTNuge

Toss up between a pork butt and a brisket right now.  Might depend on who wins the games today.

classicrockgriller

Now that I haven't thought about yet.

Still trying to decide what to smoke today!

Smokey the Bear.

I have 6 racks of ribs in the freezer and 2 pork loins as well. maybe something with them, but chicken goes so good with ribs.
If it has eyes and a head,I would probably eat it. Eh

pensrock

justpete

Tiny Tim

Well, if things work the way they're supposed to, I'm thinking maybe some Mooink's, Wings, or maybe some ribs.

FLBentRider

Probably butts or a brisket.

Brisket for the pro bowl.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

MPTubbs

I'm thinking finger food.....thick cut pork chops.   ;)

If your so cool....where's your Tattoo.

Oldman

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

SnellySmokesEm

Im smokin a 10 pound butt and maybe a brisket after reading some of panchangas post.  My friend Batman of BBQ turned me onto this forum this morning and I have yet to get any work done today...
Is it bad if my wife refers to the smoker as "The Mistress"?
MasterBuilt Electric Smokehouse
Charbroil Red 4 Burner With Auto Clean
Big Easy Smoker Roaster Grill
BBQ Evangelist

Caneyscud

Quote from: Oldman on January 25, 2010, 10:18:43 AM
Nothing... I dislike professioal sports.

I'm like you Olds, I have no dog in that hunt!  I do not follow NFL much anymore.  The family and I usually go out to eat.  It is amazing how deserted some usually crowded restaurants are on that day! 
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

Caneyscud

Quote from: SnellySmokesEm on January 25, 2010, 10:47:30 AM
turned me onto this forum this morning and I have yet to get any work done today...

Not an uncommon ailment!  Welcome to the foumn SnellySE!  As you are discovering, it is a great place.  Great and sharing members, great recipes, and great experience to be gleaned.  Feel free to ask any questions.  As I posted earlier today, there are no odd questions, just odd people answering good questions! 
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

SnellySmokesEm

Thanks Caneyscud!  Yes I am discovering how valuable this site is!  My mind is in Overdrive right now.
Is it bad if my wife refers to the smoker as "The Mistress"?
MasterBuilt Electric Smokehouse
Charbroil Red 4 Burner With Auto Clean
Big Easy Smoker Roaster Grill
BBQ Evangelist