• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Stuffer Tubes

Started by oakville smoker, January 25, 2010, 01:08:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oakville smoker

I just got my new stuffer, incredible service
It came with 3 tubes, one the right size for snack stix and 2 others good for sausage that i think I can use to make
2 1/2 inch salami.

Do I need any others ?  I think this all but does the trick.
Of course the tubes from my old stuffer / grinder dont fit the new stuffer  LOL  but what the hell
All I wanted to do was slow smoke some ribs.  Another addiction created thanks to the Bradley that requires regular servicing...  But what an addiction to have.  Even better to share here with some of the best people on the planet.

Would you like smoke with that sir ?

dbondy

Hi oakville smoker, glad to hear that your stuffer came in. You may be ok with the tubes they sent you. I only have 3 tubes my self, the largest one is only about 1 inch and I didn,t have much problem at all stuffing the 2.5 inch casings that I used for summer sausage. I'M sure NEPAS will be able to answer your question better. Wished I could of helped more.

love the smoke

If you are going to do snack sticks you need a small tube or use bigger snack stick casings. I have 17-19 mm casings and you need a small 3/8 stuff tube, actually I dont think the 3/8 tube will do the 17 mm NICELY you have to "stretch" out the casing before you put them on the tube, then you can only do about 3-4 feet at once.

LTS 
LTS

oakville smoker

Well as soon as I opened the box, the first thing I did was grab some snack stick casings and fit them on the tube
Voila !   They fit and I can load a whole casing or 2 on the tube
I think they are going tobe OK, I may evenstop by Coscto tomorrow night, pick up some 80/20 GB and crank a load through to see
how it goes.  I just have to be sure of logistics so I can get the smoked in time
All I wanted to do was slow smoke some ribs.  Another addiction created thanks to the Bradley that requires regular servicing...  But what an addiction to have.  Even better to share here with some of the best people on the planet.

OU812

Quote from: oakville smoker on January 25, 2010, 03:25:41 PM
Well as soon as I opened the box, the first thing I did was grab some snack stick casings and fit them on the tube
Voila !   They fit and I can load a whole casing or 2 on the tube
I think they are going tobe OK, I may evenstop by Coscto tomorrow night, pick up some 80/20 GB and crank a load through to see
how it goes.  I just have to be sure of logistics so I can get the smoked in time

Thats great your stuffer came with a small enough tube you can do snack sticks with.

Now dont forget to put the seasonings in your GB before you crank a load through your new tool.  ;D

Piker

I use 4 in. to 6 in. fibrous casings for my summer sausage and my largest tube is 1 in and I have no problem stuffing. You just have to be carefull that you do not get meat coming back up the stuffer tube. All it took was a little practise and you can get real tight stuffing. Piker   Sorry I meant between the stuffing tube and the casing.

oakville smoker

Excellent
Sounds like I am good to go
Gotta get a load of something through this thing tonight
Its the right thing to do !