Another Newbie

Started by theduke, January 25, 2010, 01:54:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theduke

Hello,

I don't actually own a bradley yet but am planning on getting the original with a PID. Can you leave the Bradley outside in the weather or does it need to be stored inside when not in use?

Quarlow

Welcome to the forum theduke. Good choice of smokers, a perfect combo IMO. You can get a cover for your smoker however I would not leave the Smoke Generator or the PID out in the weather. They are small enough to just stick in the closet or a cupboard. I keep my whole unit in the closet cause if I left it out it would end up in someone elses closet around here.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

FLBentRider

W E L C O M E  to the Forum theduke!

I keep mine covered on a screened patio.

Never run the smoker with the vent closed.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

OU812

Welcome to the fun theduke

I keep mine in the shed but there are many who keep theres out side year round with the cover on it.

KevinG

Welcome to the forum theduke. I don't have a permanent home yet, so I bring mine inside with me when I'm not cooking and take it back out when ready to cook.
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

lumpy

Welcome theduke

The boys gotcha covered. I keep mine outside year round except for the generator.
Some of the guys have built nice homes for our toys, check out Hotel Bradley.

Lumpy

smokeNcanuck

Welcome theduke :)
I can say you will not be disappointed.  I had never heard of a Bradley until I opened it Christmas morning.
Now a month later I could not be with out it! ;D
Either Way....I'm Smoke'N It

theduke

Thanks for the info. I have a fenced in backyard so not too worried about theft, just wanted to make sure it can take the elements with a cover on, it being eletric kind of worries me leaving it outide in case it gets wet. Moving it in and out of my garage would be a bit of a pain... how heavy is the unit, if I have to is it light enough to move with no problem?

Quarlow

The tower by itself is only 20 lbs. I take mine in and out of the kitchen closet and set in on the glass deck table. Easypeasy.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ

classicrockgriller

welcome to the forum theduke.

When you see what kinda goodies your Bradley gives you, you will find the best possible spot for your new best friend.

I took mine to the deer camp this year and she rode in the front seat with a seat belt on.

Gizmo

As others have mentioned, I also leave mine out year round and most of the time it is covered.  The only weather mine has to deal with is the rain, and so far the cover has taken care of that without problems.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

squirtthecat

Welcome!

My OBS lives outside as well, in a Suncast storage cabinet.

dbondy

Welcome to the forum theduke,my obs lives next to the john deere in the tool shed. The obs is light enough to move around, but if you leave it outside be sure to cover it and give it a kiss good night. ;D

Caneyscud

Welcome theduke!  Love the screen name - Pilgrim!  Mines outside all the time.  Tower under a Bradley Cover, the smoke generator in a plastic cabinet.  Seems to do quite well here in Nashvegas.  Just don't leave the pucks outside - the moisture makes them swell and the advance mechanism can't handle that!
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

Quarlow

I tryed to keep mine next to my bed but Wombat vito'ed that pretty quick. Said something about never getting anything again and waking up not breathing. I said "honey the smokey would not be rolling and I get everything I need from the smoker anyways".......... I just don't understand why we never have marital relations anymore.

OBS
BBQ