Newbie from Nova Scotia Canada

Started by azamuner73, February 03, 2010, 08:42:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caneyscud

Welcome to the forum azamuner.  This is a great place to learn and yes, there is a lot of info to ponder over.  Gravlox is good eats, but have never smoked it or had it sweetened more than the cure mixture. 

Quote from: azamuner73 on February 03, 2010, 09:50:56 AM

For a newbie just learning, would it be advantageous to buy the digital smoker and get a PID later?  Just learned what a PID was like 5 mins ago here on the site.  It seems like the digital would be perfectly fine for most foods and then if you needed a more stable temp, you could install one of those Auber PIDs.

Sounds like a great plan.  But then again, that is exactly what I am planning, but now with well over a year with my DBS I still haven't bought a PID - just don't smoke anything yet that I thought I needed one. 

Quote from: azamuner73 on February 03, 2010, 09:50:56 AM
Also a 4-rack should suffice yes?  They don't sell the 6-racks here in Nova Scotia.  

Unless you are planning on cook an awful lot of meat at any one time, a 4 rack is sufficient!  Some like the 6 rack because of more room to hang sausages.

Quote from: azamuner73 on February 03, 2010, 09:50:56 AMHeck you don't get much stuff here really.  It's like Canada stops east of Quebec.

Tell you what, I'd change out my backyard for your backyard!  Atlantic salmon = dream fish! 
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"