• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Started by jfin, February 04, 2010, 01:24:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jfin

Hello, been lurking on the site for a while, lots of great info posted here, thanks to all. Look forward to learning more.

MPTubbs

Welcome jfin!

Lots of fun here.
If your so cool....where's your Tattoo.

FLBentRider

W E L C O M E  to the Forum jfin!

We're glad you've joined to posters!

What kind of smoker do you have and what have you smoked thus far?
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

lumpy

So you have stopped peeping and joined the club eh  ;)
Welcome to the forum.

Lumpy

jfin

Bradley electric, I've done cornish hens (delicious), brisket (tough as nails), pulled pork (twice, yum), and some of the salmon candy from the recipe book, it was OK, probably wont waste salmon on it again though! Most of my info has come from this site so I appreciate all your help to date!

OU812

Welcome to the fun

The brisket was a little tough was it, did you cook it to an IT of 185 F ?

Hope your next one is so tender you can cut it with a fork.

KevinG

Welcome to the forum jfin.
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

jfin

Yes it was at 185, but it somehow got there in about 4 hours!! It turned out OK, just shredded it up and mixed with some sauce and made some sliders, but I had a lot of disappointed Husker fans expecting slabs of brisket, not sliders  :-[

Caneyscud

Jfin, welcome to the board. 

Tell us a little more about the brisket.  185 in 4 hours is mighty quick, even for a small one.  Brisket is just one of those things that takes a pretty long time for all the smoke and heat to work their magic! 
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

OU812

I agree, 4 hr is way to fast for a brisket.

What temp did you have your smoker set at and where did you measure the temp of your smoker?

Oh Ya I'm a Husker.

jfin

I just used the temp guage on the door, it was set at about 225 I think, cant quite remember. I knew it was done way to fast but it was really dry and tough. I had it in there fat side up and checked often, it just seemed to cook way to fast. Been scared to try another since then. I was pretty excited about doing one and with the way it came out it scared me off them for a while. OU, you should know then that when Husker fans are promised brisket and you serve'em a sandwich, you're going to get some razzin', not to mention it was the Iowa State game this year!!

OU812

Ya then Husker fans can get pretty unruly.

Get your self another thermometer and put it under, off to one side so fat dont drip on it, and check your cabnet temp that way. Also try not to cook on the bottom rack, the second one down from the top will give you the best results.

Caneyscud

How big was the brisket?  Was it one of the trimmed up ones destined for pot roast or braising?
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

OU812

See what you started jfin.  ;D

We all want you to have that perfect brisket, just fill in the blanks and we will have you on the way to brisket stardom.

MPTubbs

Everyone here on this forum steered me on the right path with my first brisket.

Been pump'n out fantastic brisket ever sense!

If your so cool....where's your Tattoo.