• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

baby back ribs and 2 pork tenderlions question

Started by unclefish, February 04, 2010, 06:29:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

unclefish

well this will be my first real smoke this weekend, bought some babybacks and 2 pork tenderlions about 1.5lbs each. i have read the good article "a quick how& why on ribs to get you started" last night i did a couple chicken breast with ham and bacon i set it at 2.5hrs of smoke and 3hrs of heat @ 250 deg. 3.5 hrs went by and chicken came up to 158 degs. smoker wouldn't go above 198 degs. so i put it in the oven for 5 minutes to get it above 165. it was about 28 degs here in old saybrook last night.  how long for 2 full baby back ribs and 2 1.5lbs pork tenderlion. should i smoke for 3hrs and how long in time should the ribs and tenderlion be. and ribs on bottom rack or above tenderlions, and should i be 1st rack up from heat or 2nd. i have 1 of those digital therm. that i can watch, what temp should i pop those tenderlions out, and should i foil towel and put those in cooler to. thanks for all your help, and everybody that welcomed me in. and i will try to remember to bring my camera home.

Tenpoint5

Myself I would put the ribs over the top of the loin. I would use the second and third racks up. 225* is MY PERSONAL go to cooking temp. I would suggest pulling the loin when it gets to 148-150* IT and foilt tent it for 20 minutes to rest. For the ribs I would follow This.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

unclefish

***PERFECT*** THATS WHAT I WILL DO THANKS FOR HELP .