Storing bisquettes.

Started by manxman, April 10, 2005, 03:05:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

manxman

There are a few reference to "soggy" pucks on the forum, perhaps a bit of advice to newcomers about storing and care of bisquettes would not go amiss.

It does'nt seem too bad if they are in their original sealed packages but once open, if they are left in a shed or garage they do seem to absorb damp, they then seem to fall apat easily.

Personnally, I store mine in a foodlock type bag with a couple of sachets of dessicant. [:)][:)]

Anyone else got any bright ideas? [:D][:D]

Manxman.
Manxman

nsxbill

I have all my bisquettes stored downstairs in my laundry room up high on a shelf.  I think it is important to keep them inside to prevent them getting the moisture.

Bill

<i>There is room on earth for all God's creatures....on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.</i>
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

oguard

I keep mine inside as well.Any moisture does breakdown the pucks.

<b><font face="Comic Sans MS">KEEP ON SMOKIN</font id="Comic Sans MS"></b>

<b><font face="Comic Sans MS">Mike</font id="Comic Sans MS"></b>

Catch it,Kill it,Smoke it
Catch it,Kill it,Smoke it.

BigSmoker

I keep mine inside.  I put them in zip lock bags with a recipe card to tell whats what.

Jeff

Some say BBQ is in your blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.
Some people say BBQ is in the blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.

JJC

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by BigSmoker</i>
<br />I keep mine inside.  I put them in zip lock bags with a recipe card to tell whats what.

Jeff

Some say BBQ is in your blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
ditto for me

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

Habanero Smoker

I place mine inside a plastic container, and store them in a shed.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Oldman

Given the humidity here I better address this issue. Thanks for posting about it.

Olds

http://rminor.com

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

3rensho

I keep mine in the laundry room in the basement and so far, so good.

Tom

Smokin' in Switzerland
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.

psdubl07

I keep mine under my pillow and dream about smoked food all night long....[:p]

Bassman

Paul..too funny[:D]
I never thought about moisture in the pucks[:0].But makes sense, I use to keep them in the shed but now I will keep them inside. Probably not under my pillow though!Thanks for the info[:)]

<i><font color="blue"><b>Jack</i></font id="blue"></b>
Jack

bsolomon

I keep mine in Colorado, a federally-mandated low-humidity state.  This is the only place I know of where you can take a bag of stale potato chips and cure them by leaving the bag sitting open. [:D] Needless to say, I haven't had any bisquette issues here...

Oldman

bsolomon,

Years back I had a friend from that part of the country. He used a Swamp Cooler for his house. Do folks out there still use them?

Olds

http://rminor.com

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

manxman

Hi Paul,

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">I keep mine under my pillow and dream about smoked food all night long....<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Having a bad day at work which we all have occasonally, just logged on for a couple of minutes during a break for a cup of coffee and this was the first thing that caught my eye![:)]

Thanks for giving me a laugh, the other guys and gals in the lab think I have finally cracked...... hunched over the computer in my office giggling!!! [:D][:D][:D]

Manxman.
Manxman

ChefBill

Raye,
I'm with you about the humidity down here on the Gulf. Hell, a bisquette will just melt into a pile of chips.[:(]. I've already got web feet and a mildew look to me... I just keep mine in the house where it's air conditioned or heated...[:p] I only take what I'm going to use outside during a smoking session.. Humidity is 97% outside right now.[xx(] Bill

ChefBill
If you can eat it, you can smoke it.
If you can eat it, Then You can smoke it