• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

What does your set-up look like?

Started by StickyDan, February 05, 2010, 04:35:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StickyDan

Not sure where to post this but here goes. As a noob, I've quickly noticed that my "set up" and working space is going to be a work in progress.
I want to elevate my smoker to avoid bending down. Maybe a matt to catch any spills. A work surface that's easy to clean. That's just a few of the things I want but at this point they seem to be high on the list.

I'd love to see your set up. Please take some time to post some pics, ideas or thoughts about set up and work space. I'm sure this is something we can all learn from... well, me anyways...

Cheers
D

FLBentRider

W E L C O M E  to the Forum StickyDan!

I have mine on a cart from Sams.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

westexasmoker

Welcome to the forum StickyD!

Mine sits on a simple cafeteria table inside of my well house!

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

Quarlow

Welcome to the forum. Mine lives in the kitchen closet but it plays outside on an old rolling computer desk. It is just the right height for my temp cold box and for accessing the racks. It's a little high for the vent but I just set that and forget it anyway.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

aces-n-eights

Hey D, welcome to the fun!

Here's my setup...

I got a scratch and dent range hood and vented it to the outside.  This sits in a corner of my garage and, i tell ya, it's sure nice to be able to use the smoker year around.

There are many options for using your Bradley and i'm sure there will be many others chiming in here to show you how they've set up their smokers.

Enjoy!
US Army, retired, x2
Soldotna Alaska
"One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well."
Psalm 109:8

MPTubbs

If your so cool....where's your Tattoo.

NePaSmoKer

My Bradley's for awhile this is how they live.

Still undecided about this one yet.

MPTubbs

Wow.....think of all the meat that can be loaded in that baby!
If your so cool....where's your Tattoo.

NePaSmoKer

still not sure if i want to turn it into a smoker or dry cure cabinet.

squirtthecat

I built a patio of sorts..

My Bradley lives in here.

ArnieM

I have summer and winter setups.  Both are 'temporary'.

I keep the OBS on an old 4 foot long wooden coffee table about 16" high.  With the OBS on the right, this leaves me workspace to the left.

Winter - The OBS lives in the garage.  I drag it and the coffee table outside of the garage door for use.  N.G. for inclement weather.

Summer - The OBS lives on its coffee table on the deck with its Bradley cover.  It gets moved to the patio table a few feet away under the umbrella for use during rain.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

NePaSmoKer

stc has a great setup. but i dont think i could do something like that cuz the bears would tear the heck outta it.

squirtthecat

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on February 06, 2010, 07:28:00 AM
stc has a great setup. but i dont think i could do something like that cuz the bears would tear the heck outta it.

No bears here.  Just the occasional tiger wannabe.

(and right now, that whole area is covered in 3" of snow and ice)

NePaSmoKer

I would rather have the 3 instead of the 11 we have now.

ArnieM

This is just an FYI for anyone who might be interested.

Got an internet sale catalog from Costco today.  They have a pretty good lookin' indoor/outdoor SS table on (internet) sale for $119.99, shipping included (lower 48), tax extra.

It looks like there would be plenty of room for the smoker and workspace.  It could also probably also double as a food prep table - easy cleanup.  

I think I'm going for it.

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11242572&search=trinity&Mo=8&cm_re=1_en-_-Top_Left_Nav-_-Top_search&lang=en-US&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&Sp=S&N=5000043&whse=BC&Dx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntk=Text_Search&Dr=P_CatalogName:BC&Ne=4000000&D=trinity&Ntt=trinity&No=5&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Nty=1&topnav=&s=1

Edit:  Sale starts 2/22.  Whoops.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.