What kind of wood?

Started by Donny, April 10, 2005, 03:17:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donny

I have my Tandoori chicken marinating. But I am not sure what kind of wood to use for smoking. Does anyone have any suggestions.

[8D][8D][8D]

Habanero Smoker

Due to the spices I would use a sweet wood like apple. Maple or pecan are also good on chicken.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Crazy Canuck

MMMM Chicken

My preference would probably be special blend. HMMM

Addicted to Smokin'[:p][:p][:p]
DanR
Fort St John, BC

nsxbill

Chiming in on this too... Apple or Pecan

Bill

<i>There is room on earth for all God's creatures....on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.</i>
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

JJC

I would use apple, oak or cherry (ie, something with a slightly sweety or pungent taste).  If you are willing to experiment a bit, try 3:1 apple:mesquite for a sweet/pungent combo.  Just my $.02 . . .

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

Donny

Just sat down to our chicken dinner, used the special blend. The chicken was awesome especially with the mango salso my wife made for a garnish. Only trouble was that it was so windy the box for my Bradley blew into the lake and is now floating away about 300 yards from the house.

Donny from beautiful downtown Dragon Lake [8D][8D][:D][:I][8)][8D]

Chez Bubba

I do hope you mean the <b>cardboard</b> box & not the smoker box![:0]

Kirk

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

tsquared

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Donny from beautiful downtown Dragon Lake <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Donny, are you talking the Dragon Lake just outside Quesnel? Is the ice off already? For those of you smokers who like to chuck flies, Donny is lucky enough to live on the shores of one of the primo fly fishing lakes in the world! His front yard pond contains monster trout(what's the biggest, Donny--18-20 lbs?) that rise to dry fly travelling sedge hatch every June.  I'll be there the first June after I retire....
Tom

JJC

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by tsquared</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Donny from beautiful downtown Dragon Lake <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Donny, are you talking the Dragon Lake just outside Quesnel? Is the ice off already? For those of you smokers who like to chuck flies, Donny is lucky enough to live on the shores of one of the primo fly fishing lakes in the world! His front yard pond contains monster trout(what's the biggest, Donny--18-20 lbs?) that rise to dry fly travelling sedge hatch every June.  I'll be there the first June after I retire....
Tom
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Donny, if what Tom says is true I might be there in early June well before I retire!

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

Crazy Canuck

Donny

You are only a short 8 hour drive.  Will have to make a pit stop the next time I head to the Lower Mainland. Let Mme know the best fishin times.

Addicted to Smokin'[:p][:p][:p]
DanR
Fort St. John BC