• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Teriyaki Sticks

Started by NePaSmoKer, February 08, 2010, 07:51:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NePaSmoKer

This is the first 5 lbs of 15 i'm doing between today and tomorrow. The other 10 will be of 2 different flavors.

Teriyaki mix ready.

Store bought 80/20 GB

Got the casing on with the new stuffer base ready.

This is 5 lbs

Its pretty freakin cold today, 21* so these sticks are getting racked and not hung.

The stuffer base worked pretty good too.

FLBentRider

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

seemore

I love teriyaki seasoning!
Mrs

NePaSmoKer

Well i would of had photos of the teriyaki sticks but when they were done blooming at cut my neighbor came over and took em away  :D  Oh well.

Anyways here is anothe 5lbs of pepper sticks.

My daughter is a manager at Wallyworld and she got me this little mixer doohicky.

Add the stick mix.

Put the top on turn 1/4 turn and flip the lever thingy to make the paddle mix.  Kinda cool  ;D

Got the stick mix all mixed with the meat and now adding 1 1/2 T of ECA. Mix this in by hand and stuff away.

All stuffed in home smoked collagen casings now overnight in the K K K K KOOOOOLA  ;D  :D

I wish i could smoke em as fast as i can stuff em, 17.5 minutes to stuff 5 lbs

Habanero Smoker

Nice looking sticks. I also like that mixer. The next time I go to Wallyworld I'll pick one up. Have you tried it with mixing dry spice mixes? What is the maximum liquid capacity? I'm just thinking, may you can do a write up for Tenpoint.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Tenpoint5

Quote from: Habanero Smoker on February 09, 2010, 01:38:48 AM
Nice looking sticks. I also like that mixer. The next time I go to Wallyworld I'll pick one up. Have you tried it with mixing dry spice mixes? What is the maximum liquid capacity? I'm just thinking, may you can do a write up for Tenpoint.
Was thinking the same thing Habs. It does look like a handy little contraption. It's from Walmart so it should be affordable.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

NePaSmoKer

She said it was like $8 and some change. The measuring lines are split into increments cups 1/4 -2 and oz 1-16. The mixing paddle comes off too. I will take some better pics and send to Chris.

Habanero Smoker

That's a decent price. I'm looking forward to the report.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Habanero Smoker on February 09, 2010, 01:43:10 PM
That's a decent price. I'm looking forward to the report.

I sent Chris the pics.

OU812

Stuffed 5 lb in 18mm casings in 17.5 min.

U DA MAN.

Are they done yet.  ;D

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: OU812 on February 09, 2010, 03:01:38 PM
Stuffed 5 lb in 18mm casings in 17.5 min.

U DA MAN.

Are they done yet.  ;D

The sticks were for my neighbor and he took em away before i could get pics of em....Whats up with that  :D

That base i made works pretty good for a cranker stuffer. One these days i need to get motorized like yours  ;D

My neighbor was looking at the flat spot on my crank gear shaft. He said why dont you get a pully to fit that and put a motor and belt on it with some sort of speed controller. Hmmmmmm

OU812

Thats goin to have to be one hell of a big pulley on the stuffer to slow down a motor so you can keep up and one tiny pulley on the motor to get enough torque to do the job.

NePaSmoKer

marauder11

At work when we re due pumps (these are 110 volt small motors) we sometimes will get motors that are below 1000 rpm a minute. If you got a 110 volt fan control it might slow the motor down enough. We have these on all the big ceiling fans. http://electrical.hardwarestore.com/13-37-fan-control-switches/rotary-fan-control-switch-239053.aspx. Here is a link to a similar one we use.

NePaSmoKer

Yeah thats what i figured. I have a few of those fan controls.