• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

More PID questions

Started by IcedGotti, February 08, 2010, 12:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IcedGotti

Since I've gotten my bradley 2 weeks ago, I have smoked 4 sets of ribs, 2 butts, some chicken, and summer sausage.  And I see why I need a PID.  My question is this do I gain anything from the dual probe auber compared to single.  I have the maverick et 73 also at a temp gauge.  In other words if you where me would what would you do.  Thanks in advance.

aces-n-eights

Well, i have the single probe Auber PID and i like it a LOT.  I'm not completely familiar with the dual probe, but if you can use one probe to control the cabinet temp and the other to shut things down when you hit your IT, then i think that would be a great feature.  If i didn't already have the single probe, i'd probably go for the dual.
US Army, retired, x2
Soldotna Alaska
"One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well."
Psalm 109:8

MPTubbs

I also have the single probe Auber PID.

If it were to crap out the dual would be my next one.
If your so cool....where's your Tattoo.

lumpy

Just because you have a probe in the meat does not mean that the entire roast is the same temp.
I would rather shut off the unit myself after I take random temp checks of a roast.

Just like my ET-73, I still check the whole roast with a thermopen...........just to be on the safe side.

So to answer your question, I like my original Auber and would not upgrade to the newer unit with auto-shut off.

Lumpy

classicrockgriller

If you are a hands on smoker IE: checking on your smoker every 30 minutes are so, the
singleprobe would work.

If you like to get away from the smoker, then get the dual probe as it will shout down your smoker
at a desonated IT and switch the Bradley to a warm mode to hold the meat till you come get it.

MPTubbs

Quote from: classicrockgriller on February 08, 2010, 03:14:54 PM
If you are a hands on smoker IE: checking on your smoker every 30 minutes are so, the
singleprobe would work.

If you like to get away from the smoker, then get the dual probe as it will shout down your smoker
at a desonated IT and switch the Bradley to a warm mode to hold the meat till you come get it.

Now that's what I'm talking about!
If your so cool....where's your Tattoo.

Toker

I bought this one too great addition this IT feature.

Roadking

I made one myself about 9 months ago before Auber came out with there's. I made it for doing sausage because I fell a sleep and lost 20 pounds of Kielbasa by over cooking it. All the fat was at the bottom of the smoker.

If your going to buy one for roasting a pulled pork or a brisket or plain roasting I think your wasting you money. Unless you fall a sleep and don't have the sense to start your smoking or roasting early in the morning, like I don't. If your buying your first PID I would get the dual.

lumpy

Enough already...........I guess you can teach an old dog new tricks.
I'm convinced :D
My new Auber is on order (when the old when poops out).

Lumpy

JT-MO

I wished I would of waited a month before getting my PID, cause if I would it would of been the dual probe. Although I may not ever need the IT feature, but I like data LOL!
The more info the better I feel.

lumpy

All those fancy blinking lights from the PID and the BDS impressed the hell out of the guests.
:D

Lumpy

smokeNcanuck

Talked to Suyi from Auber today.  The new Feb. shipment should be shipping by this weekend! ;D ;D
I can't wait for my new dual probe!!
Should bring a whole new set of "rookie" questions, so stand by. ;)

sNc
Either Way....I'm Smoke'N It

moodyfisherman

smokeNcanuck I have a question for you.....I ordered my dual probe 8 days ago and have not seen it yet...does that mean that it has not shipped and will ship this weekend??...guess I should have called them but expected it by now
Is that a bear with MY brisket in his paws?

leftcoast smoker

Quote from: moodyfisherman on February 13, 2010, 10:57:51 AM
smokeNcanuck I have a question for you.....I ordered my dual probe 8 days ago and have not seen it yet...does that mean that it has not shipped and will ship this weekend??...guess I should have called them but expected it by now
I'd send him a friendly email and see what he says I know he was expecting to start shipping mid Feb again, but believe me its worth the wait, you will be totally impressed with the accuracy and constant stable temps your smoker is capable of with this awesome little piece of equipment
leftcoast

Roadking

Quote from: moodyfisherman on February 13, 2010, 10:57:51 AM

Don't worry too much about it. There dual probe sold out super fast. You've actually ordered the dual while they are in production so they're filling orders fist come first serve. I won't rush it but let it take it's coarse, they make a real quality product.