• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Pepper Sticks

Started by NePaSmoKer, February 09, 2010, 07:38:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NePaSmoKer

Had to use my wifes camera, Mine went south.....deep south  :D

Got the pepper sticks hanging to dry the casings up some. This is at 145* for 1.5 hours then i will hit them with some pecan smoke 5 pucks. Some of these are going to Oregon.

Also doing some cold smoke cheese for neighbor. Cold Apple smoke.

Yeah i use chips in my OBS  ;D

Got a few pounds of LB jerky going too. Jerky is getting Hickory cold smoke when cheese is done. This jerky is going to South Dakota.

Got my cure in my little mixer doohicky  :D

My marinade.

Now Reveo time.

mow_delon

NePa, just wondering how you use the chips in the Bradley. 

dbondy

smokeitall

Looks great Nepas.  I made 10lbs of 17mm snack sticks last night (Greg's Recipe).  No Pics as my camera is not working right now and my wife took hers with her out of town.
SIA

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: mow_delon on February 09, 2010, 07:42:44 AM
NePa, just wondering how you use the chips in the Bradley.  

I use a 1/4 cup of chips and just place on the hot end of the slide. The 1/4 cup smokes from 36 to 45 mins. Then i use a hog hair brush and brush the ash off and do it again.

Stick IT at 142* got a bit to go yet.

Tenpoint5

I thought you was snowed in!!! Guess you can still make it to the garage and do some smoking.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on February 09, 2010, 01:19:08 PM
I thought you was snowed in!!! Guess you can still make it to the garage and do some smoking.

Not yet but its getting close. We had sun today and the temp shot close to 40* but now its getting dark.

Kiki the jerky pup looking for snacks  ;D

Tiny Tim

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on February 09, 2010, 01:47:15 PM

Not yet but its getting close. We had sun today and the temp shot close to 40* but now its getting dark.

She don't know to look in the smoker yet?  Or just can't open the door herself? ;D ;D ;D

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Tiny Tim on February 09, 2010, 02:14:27 PM
Quote from: NePaSmoKer on February 09, 2010, 01:47:15 PM

She don't know to look in the smoker yet?  Or just can't open the door herself? ;D ;D ;D

When i train her to open the door next she will be running the snow blower  :D  :D

NePaSmoKer

Done before the big blizzard  ;D

Now blooming for a few hours.

OU812

NePaSmoKer

Sticks are done.

Ready for the paper bag  ;D

smokeNcanuck

NePa,
Do you always use cure in your jerky?  I have made several batches and never used cure. 
I am just wondering if maybe I should start.
You sure got that whole stick thing down to a science, never seen a bad looking product from you yet.
I'm trying to gather up all the supplies I will need to start experimenting for my self.  Can't wait. ;D
Either Way....I'm Smoke'N It

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: smokeNcanuck on February 09, 2010, 04:52:31 PM
NePa,
Do you always use cure in your jerky?  I have made several batches and never used cure. 
You sure got that whole stick thing down to a science, never seen a bad looking product from you yet.
I'm trying to gather up all the supplies I will need to start experimenting for my self.  Can't wait. ;D

When i smoke the jerky i do add cure #1. When i get lazy and dehydrate i normally dont add cure. If i ship to my sons i do cure it because it can take a couple weeks to get to them.

On sticks and sausage i always use cure.

smokeNcanuck

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on February 09, 2010, 04:59:39 PM
Quote from: smokeNcanuck on February 09, 2010, 04:52:31 PM
NePa,

When i smoke the jerky i do add cure #1. When i get lazy and dehydrate i normally dont add cure. If i ship to my sons i do cure it because it can take a couple weeks to get to them.

On sticks and sausage i always use cure.

I have only ever mad in a dehydrator, as I only got my OBS at Xmas and have not made any in it yet.  It is on my short list, so I would guess you would recommend that
if it is going in the OBS I should add the cure.  Sorry did not see the jerky post till after. ;)

Either Way....I'm Smoke'N It