Blowing fuses

Started by Bagman, February 14, 2010, 05:40:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bagman

Just fired up the Bradley and smoke generator blows fuse when turned on - Help!
If women can't find you handsome they should at least find you handy!  Red Green

3rensho

Well, first I'd ascertain if the SG or the tower is the culprit and then go from there.
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.

MPTubbs

The only thing that comes to mind is you have too many things plugged in on that circuit.

Start unplugging stuff or try another wall plug that's not on the same circuit.

If your so cool....where's your Tattoo.

Bagman

Tower heats, but fuse blows when I turn on sg.
If women can't find you handsome they should at least find you handy!  Red Green

3rensho

If you just turn on the SG by itself does that blow a fuse?  If not, then I'd say MPTubbs is on the right track.  If the SG alone blows a fuse I'd take it apart and have a look.
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.

Bagman

Turned off tower and sg on, fuse blowed.  Looks like smokeless cook today for the race. Thanks to all for your help, getting out the screwdrivers.

Mr Walleye

Bagman

It sounds to me like you have a wire in the smoke generator shorting out. I would pull the generator apart and check all the wires inside to make sure none are loose or grounding out.

Here is some info on opening up the generator. It's not a very big job.

http://www.susanminor.org/forums/showpost.php?p=987&postcount=41

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Bradley (Head Office)

Hi Bagman

It could be you have a burnt out bisquette burner, when you open the generator up unplug the burner then power the generator up and see if it blows the fuse.