• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Another BC'er

Started by Derek_KQ700, February 15, 2010, 09:47:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Derek_KQ700

Hello from Abbotsford BC. I already told the story in another post but I will tell it again here. I traded my daughter's prom dress for a Bradley smoker!!. A friends daughter seen it and loved it, so we gave it to her and they said "do you want a Bradley smoker for it?". I said "sure" expecting an original Bradley model, and when I picked it up it was a Digital. They only used it twice and it was just sitting there. I am looking forward to cooking some BBQ style meals it in like brisket, pulled pork and of course ribs. I have been find recipes and such. Can anybody recommend some store bought rubs and sauces to ease the learning curve of this. I want to make my own but would like to figure out the smoker first. I also have some mule deer round roast that will become jerky.

FLBentRider

W E L C O M E  to the Forum Derek_KQ700!
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

OU812

Welcome to the fun Derek

Bad Brian's Butt Rub and Cook Shack Chicken Rub (I like the chicken rub better than the rib rub) are a couple that aint bad.

MPTubbs

Come on in and have a seat Derek!

Famous Dave's has a rib rub they say you can use on everything.

I've tried it on ribs so far and liked it.
If your so cool....where's your Tattoo.

KevinG

Welcome to the forum Derek. Make sure to Dress Up that smoker real nice with all kinds of toys like the Maverick, and some jerky racks, and maybe a cold smoker attachment.
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

Paddlinpaul

Welcome aboard.

President Choice Smokin' Stampede (Beer and Chipotle) BBQ Sauce is my favorite from the store. They make a matching rub that complements nicely too. If you like a spicier one they also make a Tequila and Habernero sauce that is good.
With my Bradley, no one tells me to quit smoking!

Mr Walleye

I'll second PaddlinPaul's suggestion on the PC Sauces. They are both really good... cheap too!  ;)

Smokin Stampede Beer & Chipotle Barbecue Sauce....

Smokin Hababero Barbecue Sauce....

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Mr Walleye

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Derek_KQ700

Thanks guys I have looked at the recipe site and the stuff there sounds awesome. the PC brand stuff is easy to find, good to know. Canadian tire carries some stuff as well.

leftcoast smoker

Welcome, I'm just next door in Langley
If you are in Abby, hit the superstore, on thier spice isle they have some commercial rubs, the Clubhouse La Grille pork rub is pretty decent for a commercial one to start off with, but there is still nothing like making your own, as the others have suggested thier Pc brand sauces are real good, I like the beer and chipolte one I catch myself wanting to spead it on everything, next time your coming down Fraser hwy, check out Stuffers supply for all your sausage needs from spice kits to casings to machines, they are right at 228 and fraser (the little building right out front of Britco pork),
good luck on all your smokes and remember everyone here is more then willing to help with all your questions
leftcoast

seemore