• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

new owner with question

Started by rmdodson, February 21, 2010, 08:32:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rmdodson

Hello all, I just got my bradley obs & will be setting it up the next day or so. I have questions...

Does the bradley have areas that are hotter that others? Is the top rack cooler than the bottom? My kitchen oven has variations so I assume the smoker does, too.

Is it enough of a temperature difference that I can put chicken legs in the cooler area & thighs in the hotter & balance out the finish times? Thanks.

MPTubbs

Quote from: rmdodson on February 21, 2010, 08:32:39 AM
Hello all, I just got my bradley obs & will be setting it up the next day or so. I have questions...

Does the bradley have areas that are hotter that others? Is the top rack cooler than the bottom? My kitchen oven has variations so I assume the smoker does, too.

Is it enough of a temperature difference that I can put chicken legs in the cooler area & thighs in the hotter & balance out the finish times? Thanks.

1st question...yes.
2nd question...yes.
The smoker is just like your oven after the smoke.

Your last question...yes.  It will be a learning curve!

You will also learn to rotate racks.

Ain't this fun!
If your so cool....where's your Tattoo.

rmdodson

Thanks  for confirming my thoughts MP,

"Ain't this fun!"... my worst day cooking is always better than my best day working  ;)

classicrockgriller

Quote from: rmdodson on February 21, 2010, 09:32:47 AM
Thanks  for confirming my thoughts MP,

"Ain't this fun!"... my worst day cooking is always better than my best day working  ;)

Think you are going to fit in nicely here.

Habanero Smoker

rmdodson,

Welcome to the forum.

You will also find that the rear cooks hotter then the front of the cabinet. Many of us will rotate the racks for a more even cook.
Rotating Racks

Also this may be of interest to you.
Circulation Fan

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)