• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Flaking on door?

Started by phaz, February 21, 2010, 03:42:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phaz

My obs is about 2 yrs old and noticed today when I open door by the gasket it is flaking enough to blow little pieces of flake around. It is on the door and on the walls by the door. Any ideas maybe steel wool?
Thanks phaz

classicrockgriller

Phaz, if it just smoke flakes ;D then just rub over it with your hand or a paper towel.

That is seasoning.

West Coast Kansan

as stated above.  Hab's got me using crumpled up news paper - works real nice and fast.  While the flakes are free with time, they can also indicate a good deal of moisture in the smoke chamber,,, i use the build up to remind me to check the vent to make sure it is open enough that no smoke appears between the tower and the smoke generator.   ;)

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

classicrockgriller

Quote from: West Coast Kansan on February 21, 2010, 08:43:28 PM
as stated above.  Hab's got me using crumpled up news paper - works real nice and fast.  While the flakes are free with time, they can also indicate a good deal of moisture in the smoke chamber,,, i use the build up to remind me to check the vent to make sure it is open enough that no smoke appears between the tower and the smoke generator.   ;)

Thanks, I've never had it (vent stuck wide open), but that is good to know.

NePaSmoKer

Happiness is a crusty smoker  ;D