• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Well Mrs. seemore, I joined you on the couch yesterday!

Started by Quarlow, February 23, 2010, 08:37:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quarlow

Well thanks everyone. It was not scary at the time cause I was in survival mode, but after I was in the truck and started to recap what had happened I became aware of how close it was. Then you add that to the shock I was in from the injury it kind of intensifys the trauma of it all. I am just glad I didn't hit my head and knock myself out or the whole outcome would have been different, except it is hard to hurt the big wood head on my shoulders. :D :D I definitely said afew kind words to the big guy upstairs. But hey if it had to end you couldn't ask for a more beautiful place for it to happen. On the hillside overlooking Lake Samish which is gorgeous lake only spoiled by stupid Interstate running past it. ;D :D ;D :D  Oh yeah Brad that's not a problem. I worked there for 7 years and he is the best guy I have ever worked for. The only reason I left there was cause I had been in the business for 15 years and I was tired of the traffic which has gotten redicules. In fact when he heard I got laid off at the quarry I had left him for he told me he would buy me a new truck with an auto trans cause my knee is giving me troubles which was another reason I wanted out. So I will have a job when I heal.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

hal4uk

Dang, Q!  I'm hurtin' all over just reading that story...
Take it easy and get well soon.
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

Quarlow

Thanks hal. You know there is one thing you would never expect when you join this forum and that is the way we all come together when things go bad and the outpouring of goodtidings when someone is down. You think about what this technical this just a forum for a bunch of people who like to smoke food. Period. Most of us will never meet face to face or get to know each other on a level other than we all smoke food. But when you look at this forum and how we all interact together you realize it is way more than that. This is more like extended family than just some people smoking stuff. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I love this place. 
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ

seemore

Gee, I did not get on the Forum yesterday except to look at a couple posts, and I completely missed this.  Scott got on the Forum briefly last night, and then told me what had happened to you.
I am sorry that I did not see this, Quarlow, and thank God you got through that near miss by the car and then the semi! 
I hope the pain is not too bad - HANG IN THERE!  I have been lucky in that my pain has been very minimal.  I can't imagine what it must feel like in the shoulder.....
I, hopefully, will be in a walking cast next Monday, and getting off the couch, as you are just beginning your turn on the couch!
Keep your lap-top by your side, along with the remote.  And the phone, too.
If you get really bored, I can arrange to send my Demanding Diva Doberman up for a visit.   :o
Take care of yourself!  Take your vitamins!  Get plenty of rest, too.
Mrs

Quarlow

Thanks June, glad to hear you will be up chasing Scott around for all the wisecracks I'm sure you have had to endure. Mostly it is just hard to get comfortable enough to get some sleep. And whenever you wrench ligaments and tendons like this you are in for plenty of discomfort till it heals. I appreciate the offer of the the Diva but I have 2 cats, one of which always takes advantage of someone who is not inclined to move very often. She gets up beside you and stares you into submission to pet her.

OBS
BBQ

NePaSmoKer

OUCH Q

Know how that is. I fell off my truck in 01, broke both shoulders, compressed 6 disks, fractured my tail bone and cracked my right skull orbit. I was out for 2 years and it still messes with me.

Hang in there buddy.  Like Mrs S says take it easy.

KyNola

Dang Q, just saw this.  What an ordeal.  I'm happy to learn you're not any more injured than you are.  Don't get me wrong you're injured more than plenty but landing on a highway with not a whole lot of place to go could be a lot worse in the end.

You take good care of yourself and don't pull the blanket off of Mrs. Seemore since you are both on the couch together now. ;)

KyNola

seemore

And Quarlow and I would lose the couch - and the blanket -  to the Dobie and the two cats, trust me!
Nepas, you suffered some horrible injuries not so long ago - dang. 
Quarlow, I hope you can find a comfortable spot and keep it!
Mrs

RossP

Hey Q. that sucks, let me know if I can help in any way.
After all we are just down the road from each other.
If I can help out I will. My days off are Sunday and Monday
buddy. Get well soon.

Ross
Original Bradley Smoker
Cold Smoker Attachment
Teal Termapen

deb415611

Quarlow

Thanks again everyone. Thanks Ross, I appreciate the offer neighbour. I don't consider close calls to often but this one was just to close to not make me think about mortality for sure. Thanks for all the well wishes. I intend to do what the doc said so I don't have too much trouble with it later. I will also put more thought into certain situations with hazardous potential.We tend to get complacent when we are too comfortable with what we are doing and that is when things like this happen.

OBS
BBQ

seemore

Well, you can catch up on all the Gunsmoke reruns!!!!!
Mrs

Quarlow

I think I should tune in to Oral Roberts or Jimmy Swaggart and then get out my check book. :D :D :D

OBS
BBQ

hal4uk

No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

classicrockgriller

Might need some laying of hands on my knee... Wonder what them Hooter girls are doing tonite?