bisquettes acting like the battery bunny

Started by robiken, April 18, 2005, 09:29:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robiken

they just keep coming and coming and coming and coming.  I just turned on the smoker for the first time this year.  Discovered that it had got covered without being cleaned hurrah, hurrah.  Turned it on, put a couple of bisquettes in it and a couple of bubba pucks, and watched the bubba pucks as they slowly sunk to the bottom and disappeared.  The feed seems to be stuck in the 'feed' position.  any body had & solved this?

TIA
KenR

Habanero Smoker

I'm not quite sure how your's got stuck in the feed position.

Have you checked to see if the advance button is stuck. That happened to me on a couple of occasions. I resolved it by lubricating the button with a graphite powder lubricant, and glued a small piece of plastic on the button, to give me something to grab and pull on, if the button got stuck again.

The lubricant seem to work after a while, the button no longer gets stuck.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

robiken

Yep, that's it allright. I wasn't picking up on the feed button being all the way in.  I checked on it just before I read your reply and noted that the button was out & no feeding going on.  Push it in and it stays in but just for a moment or two.

Thanks for the response
 now lets' see, where did I put that superglue?

Habanero Smoker

If you don't want to permanently attach a "pull tab" to the advance button, double sided tape (the type you use for mounting posters), also works pretty good. You just have to occassionally replace the tape.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)