• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Any KISS fans out there?

Started by ExpatCanadian, February 25, 2010, 07:30:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ExpatCanadian

Sorry to brag, but this is like a second lifetime friggin' dream come true that I thought would never occur again....  the first was the one off Led Zeppelin reunion show at the O2 Arena here in London in 2007 (Ahmet Ertegun tribute)....  which I was lucky enough to see, and now are playing in a venue that only holds 800 people MAX and they've only sold 500 tickets for it:

http://www.stereoboard.com/content/view/97067/9

AND I'M GOING!!!!!!!!!

Holy CR@P I'm excited!!

seemore

Cool!!!!  I was not a big fan of KISS, but I always listened to their music.
Led Zeppelin, on the other hand?  I would have LOVED to see them!
You will have to give us a review of the KISS concert, DUDE!
Mrs

KyNola

Congrats ExPat!  Gotta love it when you get to see one of your favorite groups again.

I just scored tickets for Jimmy Buffett in Nashville TN on 5/1.  Jan is so excited.  It has always been her dream to get to see Jimmy in concert.

azamuner73

KISS was here last year but it was an oudoor concert and the weathe was horrible.  I wanted to see them but I wasn't going to wallow in the mud to do it.

Last concert I caught was Ozzy.

deb415611

ExPat - very cool

Quote from: KyNola on February 25, 2010, 08:31:46 AM
Congrats ExPat!  Gotta love it when you get to see one of your favorite groups again.

I just scored tickets for Jimmy Buffett in Nashville TN on 5/1.  Jan is so excited.  It has always been her dream to get to see Jimmy in concert.

She'll love it KyNola!  I have tickets for the 6/17 show in MA ;D

Caneyscud

Quote from: KyNola on February 25, 2010, 08:31:46 AM

Last concert I have seen was Garth Brooks, before that was Willie, and before that was The Commodores in 1978,  Boy was I outta place, I thought they were connected to Vanderbilt somehow. 

Last time Buffet was in town for a concert (he seems to come to Nashville to visit often - but not in concert), a good friend of mine and his wife, got back stage passes - I'll call and see how he got them.
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

Quarlow

Sweet Kiss i would love to see but I could have gone to the grave a very happy man if I could have seen Led when they were here. Unfortunately my car broke down the day before the tickets went on sale and that was the end of that. It would have been my first concert. Van halen in the David years would have been the only thing as good as Led.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

classicrockgriller

Kiss is one of the few "older" bands that I have not see.

Bavind

I saw KISS here in Calgary a several months ago. They were great. They were even selling mp3's of the entire concert. Leave it to Gene Simmons to find another way to make a buck.  :D :D :D :D

centflasmoker

I've seen Kiss 5 times since 1979....anyway showing my age ??? ??? Tonight going to Buffet and Friday George Strait and Reba here in Orlando :D ;D :D

ExpatCanadian

Quote from: Bavind on February 25, 2010, 02:17:48 PM
I saw KISS here in Calgary a several months ago. They were great. They were even selling mp3's of the entire concert. Leave it to Gene Simmons to find another way to make a buck.  :D :D :D :D

Yeah, whatever you think of Gene Simmons, he's pretty clever as a businessman....  without him, Kiss would have died a long time ago...  I mean, let's be honest, I love the band, but they're not THAT great of musicians  ;)!!!

I've seen Kiss twice before, once in Vancouver during the Crazy Nights tour in the late 80's with Bruce Kulick and Eric (R.I.P.  :'() Carr, and then once in Saskatoon in the late 90's with Ace and Peter which was WELL cool, even if neither of them could remember WHY they were actually on stage with those other 2 guys wearing makeup  :D :D :D.  I was unfortunately too young to have seen them in their 70's heyday, but have been a pretty big fan since the early 80s.  I must admit, I only listen to them occasionally now, but the chance to see them in an 800 capacity venue was just too good to turn down.  I live 15 minutes away from it...  practically my back yard!

hal4uk

"Beth"...  Should be worth the price of admission...

No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

ExpatCanadian

Quote from: hal4uk on February 25, 2010, 08:53:50 PM
"Beth"...  Should be worth the price of admission...

They didn't do Beth....  they don't do it live any more since Peter Criss isn't with the band any more and although Eric Carr did re-record it in the late 80's, as far as I know he never sang it live...  and he's dead now, so it certainly won't be happening!  In fact, they had to cut the set list by 3 songs as Paul Stanley had a very sore throat and although he didn't miss too many notes and still sounded great, you could tell by the end that he was hurtin'.

Anyway, here is a collage of the some of the pics I took....  I was pretty much right up front, it was madness, but well worth it.  Wasn't sure if I should post this, as it's WAY beyond the scope of this forum, but what the hell.... it is the General Discussions board  :P

CK

Wow KISS I saw them in 1977 8)  i was 9 years old, my folks dropped my friend and myself off at the coliseum in Edmonton.......what the heck were they thinking ::).  Don't really remember too much of the show tho.
It was all up hill from there ......Van Halen on there first ever tour in 1979 it think.   Then the 80's showed up moved to Vancouver and the list of hair metal bands is endless ;D

To think my daughter is 15 and I would never let her go to concert with a friend in the city....yeah I'm one of those over protective dads.

seemore

ExPat, I am GLAD you posted those pics!  That would have been a fun time!
CK, I was 19 in 1977...you just made me feel very AARP-ish.  ;)