• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Boneless/ Skinless Pork Bellies 66 cents a lb.

Started by Smokey the Bear., February 25, 2010, 01:57:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smokey the Bear.

Anyone in Scarborough, Hong Tai chinese supermarket has a sale on pork bellies. They are on Victoria Park south of Sheppard.
If it has eyes and a head,I would probably eat it. Eh

TTNuge

Nice price.  I have about 82#s(two cases) of bellies waiting for me that will cost me around $50.  Only holdup is the 3+ hour drive each way to go get them.  But if it doesn't happen this weekend it will next weekend for sure.  Can't wait to get my first bacon cure started.

watchdog56

Nuge,do you want to sell any of those or split the case? I live in Inver Grove Hts so we could meet somewhere.

oakville smoker

Smokie

Thats a hell of a deal.  I live in the west end but my office is in the east
I may have to figure out a way to get there
All I wanted to do was slow smoke some ribs.  Another addiction created thanks to the Bradley that requires regular servicing...  But what an addiction to have.  Even better to share here with some of the best people on the planet.

Would you like smoke with that sir ?

Paddlinpaul

Bit of a hike from Ottawa, though it is tempting. I used to date a girl from Scarberia, commuted back and forth every weekend. I did it for a woman so I really should for bacon too. ;D ;D ;D
With my Bradley, no one tells me to quit smoking!

Smokey the Bear.

Gonna load up the smoker all 4 racks with bacon. By the sounds of all of you who have made it , I should enjoy it.

classicrockgriller

That is a steal.

$.66lb is cheaper than chicken necks.

Smokey the Bear.

Now that i think of it I might have to make 2 batches, this is gonna be a great gift to share with friends.

watchdog56

pensrock

I've never seen bellies around here. May need to talk to a couple butchers to see if they can get some.  ???

classicrockgriller

Quote from: pensrock on February 25, 2010, 07:11:47 PM
I've never seen bellies around here. May need to talk to a couple butchers to see if they can get some.  ???

Mine are $1.38 w/rine  $1.48 wo/rine.

Smokey the Bear.

It is a good thing that these bellies need to cure for 5-7 days, it is blowing and snowing pretty badly today. I dont know how well my set-up with the insulated cabinet would work with the conditions of today. Hmmmm, maybe it would be a good test for the smoker. I might pick something else up to smoke for today when i get home just after noon. :-\

Paddlinpaul

Quote from: Smokey the Bear. on February 26, 2010, 02:33:14 AM
It is a good thing that these bellies need to cure for 5-7 days, it is blowing and snowing pretty badly today. I dont know how well my set-up with the insulated cabinet would work with the conditions of today. Hmmmm, maybe it would be a good test for the smoker. I might pick something else up to smoke for today when i get home just after noon. :-\

You have time to get something smoked in time for the hockey game. 9:30 start vs the Slovaks tonight.
With my Bradley, no one tells me to quit smoking!

Smokey the Bear.

Yup , picked up a pork butt for the weekend and a pork tenderloin for tonight. Gettin her in now.

On a side note, it looks like the Pork Bellies are all gone, I grabbed 6 of them and when i came back to the counter they were all gone.

smokeitall

I really have to find a place in St. Louis that will sell pork bellies cheap.  The last place I stopped said they could order them for around $3.50 per pound  :o
SIA