• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

A gem in the moutains of north Georgia

Started by TMB, February 26, 2010, 08:21:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TMB

I found the Cougar sitting in the hills of north Georgia, what a waste.   If I had the cash I would make the owner an offer even though I'm a Mopar guy!
Live, ride, eat well and thank God!

pensrock

Thats nice, is it a '69? I had a '70 blue with a black top, still kicking myself for selling it.

azamuner73

Looks like a great project car for a motorhead.

I already have a car that needs resto.  Was gonna have it done this winter but I went and got married and built a house.
Plans change but I hope one day it will be restored.

That Cougar will make someone a nice ride.

TMB

I had a 68 Courgar but it was green with a auto trans and a 289 under the hood. Sold it for scrap after I pulled the motor! Stupid me!!  :'(

I just wish I could remember where this road was in Georgia!   

OU812

That dont look like its been sittin very long.

The paint and chrome are still shinny, you can still see through the windows and the top is still in good shape.

With the wing windows I'm bettin its a 68.

TTNuge

It's a 67, first year of the Cougar.  If it had the side markers in the front quarter panels it would be a 68.  Then in 69 they got bigger (and uglier  ;) ).  I have a 67 sitting in my garage that I wish looked like that.

No GT emblems so it's probably a 289 with a 3 speed manual.

Caneyscud

Just sitting here thinking that the word Cougar certainly has a different meaning nowadays.
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

TMB

Quote from: Caneyscud on February 26, 2010, 01:05:02 PM
Just sitting here thinking that the word Cougar certainly has a different meaning nowadays.
Your right.    Just think ( maybe better not to) what it will mean in another 40 years. This country has changed so much in just the last 30 years I almost hate to see what the @$#%^&* in Washington will do next.  :'(     Outlaw grills if they can't tax what we cook I bet or tax the CARBON we use to grill with.  What a bunch of ^#%&%#%.       Sorry for the harsh language.   

Thor

Why don't they make cars with STYLE anymore.  Some SUVs have style, but the only cars that have style anymore are high priced sports cars.  With very few exceptions everything is just so bland.
If you got it, smoke it.

TMB

Quote from: Thor on February 26, 2010, 03:45:21 PM
Why don't they make cars with STYLE anymore.  Some SUVs have style, but the only cars that have style anymore are high priced sports cars.  With very few exceptions everything is just so bland.
Your right, no style at all.

standles

Up on blocks to keep it from the repo man :)

Tenpoint5

So That's where I left it!! It was a wild weekend.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Up In Smoke

TMB,
i sure would like to know where that is.
C'mon man Think!!!
worth a motorcycle ride to look at.
As Winnie the Pooh would say.....Think, Think, Think, Think, Think.
2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

hal4uk

Bet that guy only has one set of wheels and they're off for re-chroming or something...
Looks way too good to have been sitting there very long.
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

RAF128

Maybe it had wheels on it the day before and that's how the owner found it the next morning :o