• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Mom's Birthday today, time for some ribs

Started by TTNuge, February 27, 2010, 10:54:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TTNuge

In the past it's been a tradition that I take my parents out to dinner for my Mom's birthday but the request was made this year for something special instead.  I've had them over for some pulled pork and they've had some jerky and salmon out of the Bradley but so far they've only heard us talking about how good the ribs are. 

She requested Baby Backs which is fine by me.  Actually Baby Backs are all I've done so far but I'm looking forward to some St. Louis style spare ribs soon.  Picked up 6 racks at Costco the other day and yesterday they got rubbed down and sat in the fridge over night.

Smoker heated up, 3 hours of pucks loaded up, mostly hickory with a little Jim Beam mixed in.  Auber set to 225, cake pan in the bottom filled with hot water and a bottle of beer for good measure. 

Here they are getting up to room temp a bit before going in the Bradley.

Next pic coming at the 3 hour mark when they get mopped/boated with a little apple juice and sealed up tight in foil.

Trent

Gizmo

I wish you would have made ribs for my birthday.   ;D  ;)
Lookin good Trent.  With that full load, you will probably have to go a little longer than with smaller loads. 
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

TTNuge

A little over 30 mins in and I'm already starting to see that this is going to take a bit longer than before as I've only done 3 racks at a time before.  Recovery times even with the added element mod are really slow.  Glad I didn't wait any longer to put them on.

stantonl

The ribs look good already.  Can't wait to see the final product.

Larry.

TTNuge

Almost forgot a picture after the smoke and before the fiol/apple juice.  Snapped one of the last rack.

As you can see they probably should have been rotated more often but I wanted to keep things closed and the heat up in hopes of eating before 7.

BTW, the smell is heavenly.

TTNuge

Finished product was a huge success!

Was about 7 hours total including warm up time for the Bradley.  Pretty much ended up being 30 minutes warm up, 30 minutes pre smoke, 3 hours smoke, 2 hours in foil, 1 hour with BBQ sauce.

They were a huge hit and both my Mom and Dad agreed they were better than any ribs they've ever had in a restaurant.  If anything they were too tender, falling off the bone but still juicy and delicious.

Glad I got about 2 racks left over for lunch/dinner tomorrow.  I am stuffed right now but I can't wait to eat some more!

FLBentRider

Those look great!

What kind of sauce did you use?
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Tommy3Putts

ronbeaux

Now that's a pile of ribs that this show dog would land in the middle of instead of clearing!
The fight isn't over until the winner says it is.

MPTubbs

If your so cool....where's your Tattoo.

TTNuge

Quote from: FLBentRider on February 27, 2010, 06:28:45 PM
Those look great!

What kind of sauce did you use?

It's one of my favorites as well but this was a specific request from my Mom for Sweet Baby Ray's Honey BBQ.

KyNola

TTN,
What a great pile of ribs on a plate.

Beautiful job!

KyNola

deb415611

TTN,

Those look awesome!

I'm a mom, I wonder if I can get someone to cook ribs that look like that for my birthday ???

Deb

NePaSmoKer

KevinG

Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG