Michigander checking in

Started by Baconator, February 28, 2010, 07:36:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baconator

I've had my Bradley smoker (SS 4 rack) for about 4 years. I mostly smoke bacon in it, but I'd like to start branching out. This looks like a great place to learn how  :)

Gizmo

You must have made a trip to Des Moines Iowa this weekend.  I saw on the news they had a bacon fest complete with chocolate chunk cookies with bacon.

Welcome.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

West Coast Kansan

Greetings,  yes this is the place.  Enjoy  ;D

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

KevinG

Welcome Baconator, we love bacon!
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

MPTubbs

Come on in and have a seat Baconator!

Lots of good people here.
If your so cool....where's your Tattoo.

dbondy

Welcome to the forum Baconator. Please don,t hesitate on giving us some of those bacon recipes you may have.  ;D ;D

FLBentRider

W E L C O M E  to the Forum Baconator!
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Tenpoint5

Welcome Aboard.

Quote from: Gizmo on February 28, 2010, 07:40:28 PM
You must have made a trip to Des Moines Iowa this weekend.  I saw on the news they had a bacon fest complete with chocolate chunk cookies with bacon.

Welcome.
I doubt it Giz the tickets for 600 people to eat 1,000lbs of bacon sold out in a manner of minutes!! I didn't get one either!! :'(
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

OU812

Welcome to the fun Baconator

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm BACON, gotta have it

Baconator

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on March 01, 2010, 10:09:51 AM
Welcome Aboard.

Quote from: Gizmo on February 28, 2010, 07:40:28 PM

Welcome.
I doubt it Giz the tickets for 600 people to eat 1,000lbs of bacon sold out in a manner of minutes!! I didn't get one either!! :'(

Nope - gotta put that on the calendar for next year  ;D

Baconator

Quote from: dbondy on March 01, 2010, 06:22:34 AM
Welcome to the forum Baconator. Please don,t hesitate on giving us some of those bacon recipes you may have.  ;D ;D

So far. all my recipes have come from "Charcuterie" by Brian Polcyn - same book that pointed me towards Bradley. Impossible to eat store-bought bacon now  ::)

ArnieM

Welcome to the forum Baconator!  And, yep, Charcuterie is a really good book.  I don't know where you're located but, there is a show called American Iron Chef here.  One of the book's authors, Micheal Ruhlman, had been a judge on the show a few times last year.  Looks like an interesting guy.

I haven't done bacon - yet.  But, real soon now.  A new small butcher shop opened up down the road a piece.  He does aged beef, 'homemade' sausage and, of course, bacon.  He has a nice smokehouse out in back.  I went in to chat.  He said he'd cut me whatever size I wanted of pork belly.  He also indicated he has lots of casings in different sizes.  This is starting to look good!
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

OU812

Good for you Arnie, findin a butcher shop that will work with you.

Now lets see some bacon.  ;D

Tenpoint5

Arnie make that boy your friend!! share some grub and maybe get you some good insider tips. Maybe even a side job working with the COOL toys. 100 pound pneumatic/hydrolic stuffers are fun.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

oakville smoker

welcome aboard
Michigan...   my favourite place for summer vacation ....  Boyne highlands in the north

get some belly and make some bacon
and then some more
and some more
and
and
All I wanted to do was slow smoke some ribs.  Another addiction created thanks to the Bradley that requires regular servicing...  But what an addiction to have.  Even better to share here with some of the best people on the planet.

Would you like smoke with that sir ?