• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Double Snack Stick Stuffing Tubes

Started by BigJohnT, March 01, 2010, 03:28:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigJohnT

Double Snack Stick Stuffing Tubes are ready and available on Scott's Place

JT

OU812

BigJohnT

OUAte1Too,

We had fun testing it out. Time to make some more...

JT

BigJohnT

Oh, and Scott has your clean just broken in DST with him as he leaves the backwoods of MO and heads for St Louis tonight.

JT

OU812

Sweet, any breaks for the inventor?  ;D

oakville smoker

I can barely handle a single tube
I could create a disaster with dueling tubes
But it does look interesting
All I wanted to do was slow smoke some ribs.  Another addiction created thanks to the Bradley that requires regular servicing...  But what an addiction to have.  Even better to share here with some of the best people on the planet.

Would you like smoke with that sir ?

pensrock

I'm with oakville, I have a manual stuffer and no one to help so I have to stick with a single tube. Its hard enough cranking and handling the sausages. But if you have a motorized unit with another pair of hands to help, it would put out a lot of sticks very fast.

OU812

Quote from: pensrock on March 07, 2010, 09:36:06 AM
I'm with oakville, I have a manual stuffer and no one to help so I have to stick with a single tube. Its hard enough cranking and handling the sausages. But if you have a motorized unit with another pair of hands to help, it would put out a lot of sticks very fast.

I have a motorized stuffer with foot control and was tired of how long it took to make 20 lb of sticks. Then I thought to my self this would work so much faster with 2 tubes and the next morn I PM'd JT

Cant wait to give this DST a work out.

BigJohnT

Quote from: OU812 on March 01, 2010, 03:57:12 PM

I'll try not to break your screw this week  ;D

JT

OU812

Quote from: BigJohnT on March 08, 2010, 07:43:14 AM
Quote from: OU812 on March 01, 2010, 03:57:12 PM

I'll try not to break your screw this week  ;D

JT

You are the man.

BigJohnT

It was actually easier than I thought to use and with less back pressure easier to crank too.

I need to make one for me too  ;D  so much to do...

JT

OU812

The less back pressure thing is another reason I wanted some thing like this.

With the origanal tube the over load on the stuffer motor would keep trippin, now with 2 tubes and half the back pressure, the motor will handle it.

BigJohnT

The only problem we had with it was the snack sticks disappear 4 times a fast now  ;D

We have figured out that if we stuff the casings correctly we can make a 20-22 pound batch and it will fit in the OBS with the 12 rack kit.

JT

mow_delon

Maybe I missed something, but how do you get 12 racks in the OBS?

unclebuck

You put the first rack into the smoker normally, and the second on top of it, upside down.  Works great for jerky too!!!
what can't be smoked can't be eaten