Hello From Thaniland

Started by Bangkok Smoke, March 03, 2010, 11:24:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bangkok Smoke

Hello All!!
I admt to having 'lerked here for a quite a bit,, learned a lot and read many helpful bits of info! I like the 'feel' of the site and the people; It is obvious to me their are many who have a wealth of knowledge and are cheerful in helping others. My style of folks!! fo sure!!

I am originaly from Mobile, ALA and many of my closest friends here call me .. yea ya guessed it, 'The Alabama Slammer' (when they are not using more 'descriptive' terms  ;) So there is a 'Shrimp Picker' in the jungle !! I was raised near Fowl River, Lots of Sea Food!! Oyster beds and Shrimp boats.

I 've lived here for nearly 30 odd years and love it! Difficult to get good beef here.. anywhere here.. but I manage on occasion.. the Pork is another matter entirely and is some of the best I have ever found anywhere!!

I am retired,, kinda still consult and other things , from the Construction Industry. I have had the Great Pleasure and good fortune to run some of the Best Luxury hotel projects in Asia with some world renowned designers.

My best friend, Wes Carroll, owns 'Great American Rib Company' which he opened 4th July, 2003. The only place in Bkk anyway to get real low and smoked ribs/ pork/chicken/Sausages.  He has four locatins in Thailand now and going great guns!!

So I have some knowledge of smoking.. but am looking for more always!!
I look forward to being a member of the community!

Thanks
GB

Quarlow

Welcome to the pit, you're going to love this place. Do you have a smoker yet? If you have any questions just ask, there are none you could ask that we haven't already ask.
(edit) Ok, I see you are building a block smoker, too kewl. You may have some questions on that one too and I know some of the guys can help with that too. Have you looked at the Bradley propane burner, it may fit your bill? NePaSmoker has one and he could probably fill you in on them. I guess it would depend on the size of your smoker.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Bangkok Smoke

Thanks for the Welcome!
yea I am building one out of block,.. have looked at the Bradly Propane.. and have questions..  So will ask!
Thanks! '
gb

FLBentRider

W E L C O M E  to the Forum Bangkok Smoke!
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

MPTubbs

Come on in and have a seat GB.

A little smokey in here but your taste buds will adjust!
If your so cool....where's your Tattoo.

dbondy

Caribou

Welcome to the for GB  :)
Carolyn

KyNola

Tenpoint5

Welcome Aboard GB. Can't wait to see how you incorpprate some of those Thai spices into your Bradley
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

OU812

Welcome to the fun Bangkok.

Sure would like to here and see some of your Thai type of smoke/cookin.

KevinG

Welcome to the forum Bankok! You picked the right place. Always wanted to go to Thailand, looks like a very interesting place. Doubt that I could ever speak or read the language though.
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

Tommy3Putts

Hi Bangkok

Glad you are with us.

La Quinta

Bangkok...how kool is that!!! Post stuff that isn't smoked too??? Please?  ;D

RossP

Glad to have you with us, enjoy your smoker.
I look forward to seeing some of your smokes.
Don't forget to post some pics.

Ross
Original Bradley Smoker
Cold Smoker Attachment
Teal Termapen

Bangkok Smoke

Thanks to all for the warm welcome! I will post some pics soon and elaborate a bit on the spices available here.

Spoke to Ed Lopacki  from Alabama Metal Products Co. Inc., about a gas burner / afterburner rig.
He said he had a customer over here in Bangkok also, so hope to hook up with him one day.
Take care and keep the fires smoking!
gb