• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

SquirtTheCat becomes SquirtTheStuffer

Started by squirtthecat, March 12, 2010, 01:12:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

squirtthecat

Ok, not yet...  But sometime soon.

I bought this rig from NePas.   Mailman dropped it off today..

And he threw in some lagniappe.. 

WOO!  Thanks Rick!  I owe ya...

dbondy

Nice score STC, nepas sure set you up. Now its time to make some sausage. I've got a batch of polish sausage going in tomorrow so I'll keep you posted.

Tenpoint5

Well it's No Wonder you ran out of beer!!! Sausage making requires double the consumption or you will never remember which way you twisted the last link!! Trust me on this one!! If not just ask OU812
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

FLBentRider

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

squirtthecat

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on March 12, 2010, 01:56:34 PM
Well it's No Wonder you ran out of beer!!! Sausage making requires double the consumption or you will never remember which way you twisted the last link!! Trust me on this one!! If not just ask OU812

It made me thirsty just looking at it..   Lots of cranking involved.   :o

I got some LEM 'hog rings' at the Farm Store last weekend.  I need to find one of those little plier thingies to smash them on.

anderson5420

So many recipes, so little time!

KevinG

I didn't know there were different versions of CT, which one is the one everyone raves about?
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

squirtthecat

Quote from: anderson5420 on March 12, 2010, 08:36:38 PM
I recommend Wildcat IPA for stuffing Polish!

My wife's uncle has a condo in Leavenworth...    They've been to it a couple times, I haven't.  Looks like Snoqualmie is kinda/sorta on the way there.  Next trip out, I'll stop in and have a fresh one on tap!

squirtthecat

Quote from: KevinG on March 13, 2010, 07:14:55 AM
I didn't know there were different versions of CT, which one is the one everyone raves about?

The 'original'.   

The South Carolina one is mustard based.  I've never tried it, but am looking forward to cracking it open.

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: squirtthecat on March 13, 2010, 07:17:39 AM

The 'original'.   

The South Carolina one is mustard based.  I've never tried it, but am looking forward to cracking it open.

Pretty soon you will be in the sausage ranks......Lemme know if you need a hand.

squirtthecat

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on March 13, 2010, 07:39:46 AM
Quote from: squirtthecat on March 13, 2010, 07:17:39 AM

The 'original'.   

Pretty soon you will be in the sausage ranks......Lemme know if you need a hand.

Will do!

I might try some of that South Carolina style CT on a brisket sammie.   I seem to have a bit of brisket floating around here this weekend..  I'll pick a few scraps to munch on.

NePaSmoKer

The SC CT is good the way your going to use it, But it dont BBQ very good for some reason. Maybe the heat makes it go weird?

squirtthecat

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on March 13, 2010, 07:49:13 AM
The SC CT is good the way your going to use it, But it dont BBQ very good for some reason. Maybe the heat makes it go weird?

Good to know..   I'll use it on the side, and won't try cooking with it.

ArnieM

Looks like you did well squirt!  The SS tubes look really good.

I just use the 'standard' CT, by the half gallon.  I gave some to my daughter and she uses it on everything.  Now she bought her own and gave her old dad some.

I've found that stuffing is fun and works well with a vertical stuffer vs a KA stuffer, for example.  You can pump out a load of sausage in no time.

I think I'm missing something.  Is there a NePaS.com somewhere with daily "deals"?  I could use a MAK grill for $999.99999  ;D

Enjoy squirt and give the kitties some  ;D
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

squirtthecat

Ok, I had some of that SCCT on a brisket sandwich.   It was good!  But a little goes a long way..
It has pineapple in it.  I wonder if that's what goes squirrelly when you heat it up?

It is definitely night-and-day different from the original CT..