16 1/2 inches....I wonder if Susan will kill me....

Started by Oldman, March 13, 2010, 08:45:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

QuoteThe gun (12-gauge shotgun) holds two 2-3/4" or 3" shells in the magazine, plus one in the chamber. The 16.5" overall length, 6.5" barrel and spring-locked foregrip, which pivots out of the way when not in use, make for a very compact package

QuoteMake sure the item you want is legal in your state.  Some states ban all NFA weapons, some ban just certain types.

1.Contact a local Class 3 dealer or Class 2 manufacturer and find out what needs to be done in your state in order to purchase an NFA item.
2.Make sure you can get a sign off.  This is the major snag to buying an NFA item.  To complete your BATF paperwork (BATF Form 4) which transfers the NFA item to you, you'll need the signature of a local law enforcement chief.  Not just a street cop, but the Sheriff, State's Attorney, etc.  Said person is not required to sign the form, and in many locations around the country, won't.
3.Form a corporation.  This is a loophole which gets you around the sign off.  Do this ONLY if you can't get a sign off.  The down side is that there are many hassles associated with forming and maintaining a corporation.  Another down side is that the corporation owns the guns, you don't.

Not real practical in a shooting. I would not want to bet my life on it as I figure that at 30 feet if you hit anyone it would only tick them off. Then again strap that on your side with a belt of ammo and it becomes shades of the old West.

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

LumpyDVC

Definately restricted up north here. Needs to be 26" to be non-restricted. :-(

Ya might wing them at 30' but the damn flame/flash probably blind them enough
so you can run up and thunk them on the head. lol

One of my house shotguns is a Valtro PM5. 14" bbl, magazine fed. I stack 7 1/2 then
OO buck. Wing them and then finish them (Wild critters that break into house of course).

-= Lumpy # 2 =-

aces-n-eights

That's pretty cool... i'll bet it kicks like a mule.  Perfect for home protection.
US Army, retired, x2
Soldotna Alaska
"One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well."
Psalm 109:8

KevinG

Couldn't get that one here, but it sure would be nice if I could.
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

Habanero Smoker

After you hit someone at 30 feet, I don't think he would want to come any closer. :)

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Tenpoint5

I'm thinking a 1oz slug would find its target at 30 ft no problem
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Oldman

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on March 13, 2010, 02:00:09 PM
I'm thinking a 1oz slug would find its target at 30 ft no problem
You know I was wondering if they could rifle the barrel. Saw a 12g with a 28" rifled barrel at the range one afternoon.
QuoteOne of my house shotguns is a Valtro PM5. 14" bbl, magazine fed.
Definitely a get out of my house gun. The one I have next to my bed is a pistol grip mossberg 500. 8 rounds total all double 00 as this house was built in 1951 and anything less other than a slug just would not go through these walls.

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

ExpatCanadian

Paddlinpaul

My dad has a .410 pistol also chambered to take a .45 shell. My grandfather used to carry it in his coat while hunting deer. If a partridge flew buy he has the .410 handy that way. If I am not mistaken, it is called a Birdall. He is not a bonafide collector so it id illegal to possess it in Canada. Shotguns have a minimum barrel (18" I think) and overall length (26" possibly). To own a pistol (.45) the laws are even more strict.
With my Bradley, no one tells me to quit smoking!

MPTubbs

If your so cool....where's your Tattoo.

Smokin Soon

My beat up Mossberg 12 guage, 18 inch  will have to do for now, but that is reallly cool!

ronbeaux

The fight isn't over until the winner says it is.

classicrockgriller

KevinG

Is that why the saying goes "We're going to get out a CAN of whoop arse"?
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG