• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

My First Boudin

Started by SnellySmokesEm, March 14, 2010, 03:05:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SnellySmokesEm

Found a new butcher the other day and they had Boudin Sausage!

I really liked the boudin.  It was nothing like I expected, but it was great. 
Is it bad if my wife refers to the smoker as "The Mistress"?
MasterBuilt Electric Smokehouse
Charbroil Red 4 Burner With Auto Clean
Big Easy Smoker Roaster Grill
BBQ Evangelist

Tenpoint5

Now this is a really cruel joke Snelly!! Here I was coming in and expecting to see you grinding and stuffing your own Boudin, and what do I get? Some store bought boudin. That is just cruel. That would be like Ronbeaux coming in here and showing us some Double D sausage.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

SnellySmokesEm

Hahha.... not trying to dupe anyone here.  I have been trying to get my hands on boudin for several weeks now and this was the first time I came across some.  Sausage making is not something I have gotten to, yet.....  I'm still trying to learn how to smoke  ;D ;)
BBQ Evangelist

Tenpoint5

Quote from: SnellySmokesEm on March 15, 2010, 06:14:18 AM
Hahha.... not trying to dupe anyone here.  I have been trying to get my hands on boudin for several weeks now and this was the first time I came across some.  Sausage making is not something I have gotten to, yet.....  I'm still trying to learn how to smoke  ;D ;)
Heck you might as well jump right into sausage making and feel stupid like the rest of us when we try something new!!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

OU812

I have also been lookin for some to try my self as I have never had Boudin.

SnellySmokesEm

QuoteHeck you might as well jump right into sausage making and feel stupid like the rest of us when we try something new!!
haha  I think my butterball turkey try made me look dumb enough plus I am not sure how I convince the wife to let me buy a sausage stuffer at this time  :-\

QuoteI have also been lookin for some to try my self as I have never had Boudin.
I was a very good find.  Thats what I love the most about this site.  The fresh ideas and to be able to see what different people around the US and Canada like to eat, then be nice enough to share their experiences with the rest of us.  So far since I've been on the site I have learned to smoke brisket, tried boudin, made pastrami, pulled beef, carnitas, CT, rubs, marinades, braises and I'm sure I'm leaving some out.  All of this I might not have tried without the knowledge I have gotten from the forum.  So again I say thanks to everyone out there the makes this forum such a success
BBQ Evangelist

classicrockgriller

CONGRATS Snelly.

Makes no difference how you got it juat as long as you did.

Did you smoke it?

That's some good stuff.

SnellySmokesEm

CRG -
Yes I smoked it for about 2-3 hours but I wasnt sure on the time so I just judged it based on appearance.  I only smoked two links as a test and it was so good that it made it straight from the smoker to the patio table to my mouth. (and a buddies) No bun, no ketchup, no mustard, no bbq sauce, no onions, peppers or relish....  So what goes good with it anyway?  Not that it needs anything.   ;D ;D ;D
BBQ Evangelist

classicrockgriller

Beer or any other Adultry beverage. :D

You can serve it as a side dish (ala dirty rice)

My fav way is:

Good cracker (multi grain, etc)
Glob of boudain (I spell it B O U D A I N , you will see both spellings of it)
Hot sauce on the Boudain
Slice of cheese
Pickle slice

Full Meal Deal