• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

racks or hanging

Started by Rich_91360, March 17, 2010, 12:07:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rich_91360

Have been making fresh sausages for about 3 months and just purchased a Bradley 6 rack digital.
How do most of you smoke your sausage?  On racks or do you hang them so that they do not have any contact with metal and smoke all over without marks.

Appreciate any guidance you may have
Rich_91360
Thousand Oaks, CA

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Rich_91360 on March 17, 2010, 12:07:28 PM
Have been making fresh sausages for about 3 months and just purchased a Bradley 6 rack digital.
How do most of you smoke your sausage?  On racks or do you hang them so that they do not have any contact with metal and smoke all over without marks.

Appreciate any guidance you may have
Rich_91360
Thousand Oaks, CA

Do both. I use a SS sausage smoke stick. I i have pics of them hanging in the sausage post area.

BTW

Calif native here. Antelope Valley 35 yrs but now live in PA.

OU812

I use hard wood dowels when hangin the summer sausage and bologna type sausages and the racks when doin snack sticks and polish type sausages.

Kielbasa, ring bologna and peperoni type sausages its a coin toss on which to use.

RAF128

I've got some 3/8 inch dowelling and hang all my sausage.   Summer sausage by the strings on the casings.   Polish and snack stick are pinched in the middle and hung over the dowelling.  For jerky I either lay on jerky racks or have also used some skewers between the dowelling and hand the jerky.   Jerky made from ground meat of course has to lay on the racks.