• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Pastrami Question

Started by Whatchasmokin, March 25, 2010, 04:59:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whatchasmokin

I am attempting to do a pastrami using Up in Smokes method from a corned beef flat. The flat was rinsed and placed in a ziplock bag with cool water and placed in the fridge. This was done on Monday. The method I am using says to soak it for 2 days, will I see any negative effects from the extended soak?  ??? Thanks in advance for any and all help.  ;D

Jay
The time to hesitate is through............James Douglas Morrison

ArnieM

Quote from: Whatchasmokin on March 25, 2010, 04:59:09 PM
The method I am using says to soak it for 2 days, will I see any negative effects from the extended soak?  ??? Thanks in advance for any and all help.  ;D
Jay

I doubt it.  Dry it off, put it in a zip lock and fridge it until you're gonna smoke it.  It's hard to kill a brisket. The pastrami might come out with a little less flavor (salt) but pack it up with pepper, coriander and/or whatever the recipe calls for.

I have tried mightily to screw these up and have so far failed.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

squirtthecat

Ditto what Arnie says...   I've done a few like this, and they turn out great.

Tenpoint5

Momma was diggin around in the bottom of the freezer and after cussing me a blue streak for having too much stuff in her freezer. I seen there was three of corned beef packages in there guess I need to make some more myself.

Arnie has you in the right direction WCS
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Whatchasmokin

Thanks guys....I knew I could count on you  ;D ;D ;D. I will post pics of the finished product.

Jay
The time to hesitate is through............James Douglas Morrison