Digital smoker 4 rk

Started by 2hot2smoke, March 27, 2010, 11:47:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2hot2smoke

Is there a stand for the BDS 4rk? or where is the place to set the unit?

classicrockgriller

2hot, not quite sure of the question, but if it is Does Bradley make a stand for it. No

What is the best place to set your Bradley? Kinda what ever you got that will hold it steady.

I guess the best height would be the same as a kitchen cabinet height (32').

I've seen pictures of people having their smokers on chairs, picnic tables, wagons, plastic tool sheds,

on the ground, in motel rooms, garages, kitchens (vented thru the stove exhaust), etc.

I guess there are some places you don't want to use like a card table (too wobbly), next to a swimming pool

(water and electricity don't mix), etc.

Hope this helps.

If you tell us what you are thinking of using, we might can help.

Habanero Smoker

Hi 2hot2smoke,

Welcome to the forum.

I have the OBS, and mine is set up on a cart that I purchased from Sam's Club. The cart is on wheels, the top shelf is table top height (about 30 inches high), and you can easily move it around. Its been outdoors on my deck 24/7 for 4.5 years, so the cart has now developed a fair amount of rust.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Tenpoint5

2hot2smoke Welcome Aboard!!

My DBS4 sits on top of a Clarke tool cabinet box on castors so I can wheel it around in my garage.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

MPTubbs

My OBS on a stanless steel table that I also bought from Sam's club.

My D6R is on a 4 drawer cart with wheels that also came from Sam's Club.
If your so cool....where's your Tattoo.

2hot2smoke

Thanks for all your advise, does someone have a pic of the cart from Sams so i can get one?

Habanero Smoker

I'm not sure if they still sell them. When it stops raining I'll take a picture of mine. Though it is now rusted, it is still functional. I thought it was stainless steel, but it was chrome plated steel.

I
         don't
                   inhale.

MPTubbs

Quote from: 2hot2smoke on March 29, 2010, 01:08:45 PM
Thanks for all your advise, does someone have a pic of the cart from Sams so i can get one?

If your so cool....where's your Tattoo.

2hot2smoke

Thank you all so much for the replys, I order a stand from sams club. chrome with the 3 shelves.  ;D

classicrockgriller

I saw that cart at Sam's today and is a nice cart for the price. ($60)

Habanero Smoker

Sorry I haven't posted a picture yet, it's been rainy continuously.

If it is the cart with a deeper basket on top you need to do one of two things. Assemble it as the directions state; putting the deep basket on top. If you do that you will need to set you smoker on 2x4's to raise it up so the door will clear the basket.

Or do what I did, and assemble it so that the basket is the bottom self. If you assemble it that way you will need to adjust the height of the bottom shelf high enough so that the wheels will clear the bottom of the basket.

Also, because they are wire shelves, I have cut a 1/4" piece of outdoor plywood for the smoker to sit on. Or you can use four can lids and place them under the feet. That what I used for the first two years.

I
         don't
                   inhale.

oakville smoker

I built a very rustic table with some 4 X 4 I had kicking around a piece of melamine on top
Added a couple of struts between the legs for support
It works great
I need to go to the next level and add some shelves now
All I wanted to do was slow smoke some ribs.  Another addiction created thanks to the Bradley that requires regular servicing...  But what an addiction to have.  Even better to share here with some of the best people on the planet.

Would you like smoke with that sir ?