• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

New way to Cook Bacon

Started by Tenpoint5, March 31, 2010, 07:42:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tenpoint5

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Gizmo

That reminds me of the story from one of my coworkers that was in the marines back in the 60s.  His platoon was out on the shooting range and after everyone was done shooting (aka bored), there was a bunch of ammo left.  A few of the marines strung the belts together to shoot them off as they were not allowed to bring any live rounds back.  One of the guys pressed the trigger and held it.  After a minute or two the gun got too hot to hold and as his hands were burning, he dropped the weapon.  Well that wasn't a good idea as the weapon was now in a cook-off and auto firing.  My coworker, standing close by, stepped on the weapon to keep it from flying around and shooting the other marines as they were all heading over the hill.  His other buddy tried grabbing the belt to tear off strip and as his fingers were nearly ripped off and sucked into the chamber, he succeeded in separating the belt as my co-worker took his foot off the weapon with a hole burned through his boot and through his sock.  As he was ripping of his burning boot, the other marines were trying to catch the idiot that tried to be RAMBO.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

hal4uk

Showed that to my FIL this weekend... 
Not sure I should have...  He's back in KY doing GOD KNOWS WHAT now...
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

Tenpoint5

Quote from: hal4uk on April 05, 2010, 06:12:34 PM
Showed that to my FIL this weekend... 
Not sure I should have...  He's back in KY doing GOD KNOWS WHAT now...
Should we be sending warnings to Kynola?
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!